Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

I recently turned 40

Hello, I turned 40 back in December and I really need to change my skincare routine. I have dry skin, rosacea, my skin just doesn't glow. Unfortunately I don't have the financial means to buy fancy expensive brands. I've been looking into The Ordinary and find it all interesting but, overwhelming. I don't know where to start! What are the 5-6 best products I should be trying, and what order should I be applying these items? I also need an SPF recommendation, please!

Spoiler

Re: I recently turned 40

Hi there. I’m very pale, with dry/dehydrated, sensitive skin with rosacea and #Caudalie has been a god send for me. I use the Brightening line (cleanser, serum, milk moisturizer for day and cream for night). It has drastically reduced my redness, evened my skin tone and helps with fine lines. Note: I use Tretanoin (Retin A) twice a week - mix it into my night cream to really help with my more deeper wrinkles

Re: I recently turned 40

LaRoche Posay has their gentle hydrating cleanser, a huge bottle for $15. It’s been my favorite cleanser for my dry skin and doesn’t over strip or flare up my rosacea. A great bang for your buck. I’ve also liked The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL . Another affordable non-drying cleanser, but this one is a balm and thicker...great for dissolving makeup at the end of the day.

E.L.F. has a great affordable happy hydration moisturizer with niacinamide in it that has worked as a night moisturizer for me as well. 

both the inkey list and the ordinary are great affordable lines at Sephora with no fragrance (fragrance and dry sensitive skin isn’t the best combo) and a great place to start to build your routine. You want to keep it simple. You really only need a cleanser, retinol, moisturizer, and SPF. And maybe 2-3 times a week a chemical exfoliate like AHA or BHA. Retinol does wonders for skin texture and redness for me, you just want to make sure to follow it with moisturizer.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing