Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

How to not have a dry cakey foundation?

How do I not make my skin look dry when I’m wearing makeup? I don’t know what skin care products to apply first and my foundation always looks cakey which isn’t a good look. I want a full coverage look but at the same time I want my face to look not cakey dry at all. *sighs*

Re: How to not have a dry cakey foundation?

Hi @MoonlightSky,

I also suggest applying a hydrating setting spray after you are done applying your foundation like the Smashbox  Photo Finish Primer Water or the Hangover 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray by Too Faced. These setting sprays will help your make up "melt" into your skin and make any foundation look more natural versus "cakey". I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

RE: Re: How to not have a dry cakey foundation?

Thanks

Re: How to not have a dry cakey foundation?

@MoonlightSky If you have dry skin to start with, try a hydrating serum under your moisturizer before priming. For primer try something moisturizing as well. Smashbox Primerizer, Marc Jacobs Coconut, and FAB Coconut skin Smoothie are some of my favorites. As far as avoiding looking cakey, try out some new foundations. Sometimes the formula you're using just isn't working well with your skin/products. It is definitely a trial and error to find the right foundation. For full coverage, flawless, skin like foundation i love to use Hourglass Vanish Stick. This is hands down my favorite foundation. If you want the most coverage use a dense foundation blending brush, or if you want a dewier, more natural finish use a beauty blender. Some other favorite foundations (not only for myself but on clients as well) are Nars Radiant long wear, Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water foundation. To further avoid looking cakey, stick with foundations that are thinner in consistency, or a stick formula. I would recommend you go to your local sephora to be color matched for these and get some samples!

RE: Re: How to not have a dry cakey foundation?

Thank you so much!
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing