Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Hey any recommendations for moisturizers/face masks?

Hey I need some recommendations for some moisturizers or face masks that hydrate the face. My skin is abnormally dry

Re: Hey any recommendations for moisturizers/face masks?

I have pretty dry skin as well and use the Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

for moisture and soothing my stressed skin. At night I liek to use 1-2 times a week the LANEIGE - Lavender Water Sleeping Mask 

which is extremely hydrating as well. I like it better than the Glow Recipe. 

Hi @LightFair,

I recommend trying the Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask! 

https://www.sephora.com/product/honey-potion-renewing-antioxidant-hydration-mask-with-echinacea-gree...

Always,

Danee

@LightFair I am all about the Tatcha Violet C mask when my skin is at all dry and/or irritated and needs soothing! It's my own personal miracle worker

@LightFair  I have dehyrdrated combo skin and the SR Tidal works really well for me.  SUNDAY RILEY - Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream

Hey any recommendations for moisturizers/face masks?

Tatcha, any products are customized for skin type or Josie Maran. Drink water also, you need hydration inside as well as outside your body.

If your skin is dry and you have problems with flaking, then I would very much recommend using The Indigo Cream from Tatcha at night to help to calm and soothe your skin. This is a great option if you have to use medicated face washes that tend to strip your skin. The True Cream - Moisturizing Bomb from Belif is another good option. 

If your skin is more dehydrated than dry, then I would be less concerned with which face cream you use and instead focus more on using an essence to seal in moisture and also adding in a serum and eye cream to your daily routine.

If your eye area is at all sensitive, you might have good luck with the Dew It All Total Eye Cream from Farmacy. If you haven't used an eye cream before, then you would want to use it only once a day (at night) and perhaps only every other night to begin with... that way you can get used to it and hopefully not have issues with milia. 

In terms of wet masking, I am a big fan of the Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask from Innisfree and also the Violet-C Radiance Mask from Tatcha. For a moisturizing sheet mask, My Beauty Diary have some lovely affordable options for Aloe, Hyaluronic acid, and Squalene, that are totally worth trying out. Honey masks are also wonderful, particularly ones with some Royal Jelly in them. For a nice plumping effect, I would recommend the Super Aqua Snail Hydro-Gel Mask from Missha.

What cleanser do you use? Any exfoliation? 

Cleanser could be drying you out and exfoliation will help products to be absorbed better.

@LightFair 

I use a prescribed face cleanser and I exfoliate with a facial scrub

What are the exact product names? I'm guessing, without knowing the ingredients, the cleanser is contributing to the dryness and usage should be lessened.

Hydrating serum before moisturizer will help. CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Cream moisturizers will be richer, than lotions/gels.

RE: Hey any recommendations for moisturizers/face masks?

I use the Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream. It’s pretty thick and at application it’s super dewy, but dries down to a really pretty glow/supple look after a couple of mins
10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing