Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Dry Skin
|

Help Finding a Setting Powder

I've been using Bare Minerals Mineral Veil for years as my setting powder, but it's just so drying on my skin (I assume due to the amount of corn starch). I really want to find a setting powder that doesn't show every single fine line on my face.

Can anyone recommend a good setting powder that isn't as drying and doesn't settle into wrinkles as harshly?

Re: Help Finding a Setting Powder

I don't set my entire face with powder anymore unless I'm going out. I just lightly dust the areas on my face my foundation tends to fade (my nose and apples of my cheeks), then set with setting spray. When I do set my whole face I use beseme cosmetics.

I like Make Up For Ever's Super Matte loose setting powder and Cinema Secrets' translucent setting powder. The Laura Mercier translucent setting powder is great, too!

If these powders still seem too much for you, it could be the brush you're using along with the technique... I set my under eye concealer separately from the rest of my face (more of a skintone-evening step and to set spot concealer as I don't use foundation) and use two different brushes. A small fluffy one for the undereye concealer and a jumbo flat powder brush for the rest of my face. Remember to dust excess powder off your brush before applying.

My personal favorite is Guerlain Meteorites.  It's an illuminating powder that blurs imperfections.  It smells pretty too!

http://www.sephora.com/meteorites-illuminating-powder-pearls-P266308?skuId=1578277&icid2=products%20...

If you're not up for that kind of splurge or if you don't want something illuminating my other recommendation is Shiseido.

http://www.sephora.com/translucent-loose-powder-P244440?skuId=1201516&icid2=products gridSmiley Tongue244440

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors