Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Help! Dry eye struggle

I have been going a little crazy trying to solve my dry eye problem, they weren't too bad at the start of winter, then I tried ole henriksen sheer transformation moisturizer and applied it to my entire face, and the next morning my eyes were dry flaky and peeling, so I stopped using that immediately assuming it was not meant for the delicate eye area, I then turned to my ole henriksen advant calendar to try their nighttime transforming eye gel and the moisturizing cream during the day, and the problem got worse! so I stopped that and it started to get a little better but still not back to normal, then I got a sample of oles banana eye cream, and I'm feeling like it's getting worse again, obviously there is something in these products that my eye area does not like, but I have no idea how to reverse the damage done! I'm 25 and my eyes make me feel like they belong to a 40 year old woman who doesn't take care of her skin! I tried using coconut oil but it keeps getting in my eyes and burning them! if anyone has any advice I would be eternally grateful!! ❤❤

Re: Help! Dry eye struggle

This happened to me last winter, my eyelids were so bad and even got to the point where they were cracking/bleeding (im  only 21!) My dermatologist said coconut oil but that didn't work and burned; I ended up trying the neutrogena hydroboost gel. Its meant for anywhere on the face, but I used it religiously on the eyes and it was the only thing that made it go away for me. Hope this helps!

@bonnebelle I agree with the other posters. If the condition of your eyes is as you describe, you need to treat them properly before trying any new products. If you can’t visit eye doctor or dermatologist, a visit to your family doctor will do as well. They may prescribe an ointment and once your eyes are healed, you can look into some moisturizing eye creams. 

While applying eye cream, be careful not to rub it too close to your eyes, but softly apply on the orbital bone and it will travel up on its own.

A few eye creams that I find very moisturizing are

Clinique All about eyes Rich 

https://www.sephora.com/product/all-about-eyes-rich-P174502?skuId=971473&icid2=products%20grid:p1745...

Shiseido wrinkleresist24 intensive eye cream.

https://www.sephora.com/product/benefiance-wrinkleresist24-intensive-eye-contour-cream-P173620?skuId...

thank you for the advice! I really needed a push ladies!...

thank you for the advice! I really needed a push ladies! I always worry that I think it's worse than it is and a doctor might think I'm silly for coming in, now I'm going to smarten up and make an appointment with my eye doctor/family doctor and see if they can help or if they can recommend a dermatologist! 😊

@bonnebelle, I agree with @TrysBeautyItems, an eye doctor visit may be in order. It could be autoimmune, and a doctor could prescribe cyclosporine eye drops that can help.

that is a really good idea! I never really thought of the...

that is a really good idea! I never really thought of the skin around the eyes being part of their job, silly me! 😝 an autoimmune disorder sounds kind of terrifying!! 😰

Have you seen a dermatologist and/or eye doctor? I wouldn't keep trying new products on your eyes, patch test first on the body, watch for a reaction for 24 hours.

thanks! :) I haven't been able to yet, trying to find one...

thanks! 🙂 I haven't been able to yet, trying to find one in my area that is a little more affordable! I haven't been putting anything on other than my usual farmacy honey drop moisturizer, and that doesnt seem to agitate it but it doesn't really reverse it either!
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing