From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Hello my skin is very dry I apply my foundation and immediately my skin dry I apply moisturizer and serum every think but still dry ?

Dry skin solutions

Re: Hello my skin is very dry I apply my foundation and immediately my skin dry I apply moisturizer and serum every think but still dry ?

@ssyed 

Are you wearing a long wear/mattifying or full coverage foundation? They tend to dehydrate the skin. You could be doing all the right things in terms of skincare and your foundation may be sabotaging you. 

Re: Hello my skin is very dry I apply my foundation and immediately my skin dry I apply moisturizer and serum every think but still dry ?

@ssyed I have very dry skin, and what has worked for me is applying skincare products to damp skin, so I spray my face with a hydrating mist between each step, and I top my moisturizer with an oil: Cleanse - Spray - Toner/Essence - Spray - Serum - Spray - Moisturizer - Oil. With foundation, I spray my face and my brush with a hydrating setting mist to make sure I'm also applying products to damp skin.

RE: Re: Hello my skin is very dry I apply my foundation and immediately my skin dry I apply moisturizer and serum every think but still dry ?

Thank your ♥️♥️♥️♥️

RE: Re: Hello my skin is very dry I apply my foundation and immediately my skin dry I apply moisturizer and serum every think but still dry ?

@sephoraaddict918 can you please tell me which products you use Thank you

Re: RE: Re: Hello my skin is very dry I apply my foundation and immediately my skin dry I apply moisturizer and serum every think but still d

@ssyed I am always using different products, so these are just what I'm using at the moment.

During my skincare routine, I'm using the LANEIGE Cream Skin Mist as my between step spray. At night, I top my moisturizer with the CeraVe Healing Ointment. In the morning, I use the Acure The Essentials Moroccan Argan Oil. Before, I was using the Acure Ultra Hydrating Watermelon Seed Oil, which I absolutely love!

For my makeup application, I am currently using the Too Faced Hangover 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray 4 oz/ 120 mL. I just finished the PUR Lit Mist Illuminating Setting Spray. I also spray my brushes with the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Primer Water Photo Finish Primer Water, which has been my go-to for a long time. 

@ssyed You might need to change your foundation. Is it for dry skin? If it is try adding beauty oil and mix it in. Also maybe you need to change your skin care routine for dry skin if you haven’t done so already.

try Caudalie Beauty Elixir Ornament 

The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

Caudalie Vinosource SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing