Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

HELPP

hey y’all I’m new to this group! I’m really into makeup, but when ever I wear a foundation or a concealer it always flacks and looks extremely patchy 😕 if you guys know any good foundation or concealer that are good for this issue please help ❤️

Tags:

Re: HELPP

are you setting with a powder? it could potentially be whatever powder you’re using to set causing your foundation to dry out. don’t use anything mattifying when it comes to foundation or concealer, you want something with more slip and hydration! also i’d suggest trying out a few hydrating primers or letting a heavy moisturizer soak into the skin for a while before application.

Hi Veahhhh, same here. I was so frustrated! I don’t know your age, but I am over 65. I’ve been blessed genetically with good skin, but! that said, I layer multiple products to successfully use makeup, and even when I don’t. One of my issues is sensitivity to shea butter and exotic oils. (I get whiteheads.) I consulted a good esthetician and this regimen works for me: for base serum, I use a good vegetable glycerine watered down 1:1 in a dropper (3 drops), The Ordinary‘s  Marine Hyaluronics and their Amino Acids +B5 (1 drop each). Then I layer one of Clinique’s oil free creams. When I use makeup, I use a pump of oil free Hourglass Veil (SPF) over all of it, and then brush on Vanish stick makeup. I remove it with either Clinique’s oil free Take The Day Off or The Ordinary’s Squalene, followed with BioTherm’s micellar water for dry skin. Again, I don’t know your age, but I was advised to not wash or strip my skin in the morning and never use retinol or RetinA, due to naturally thinning skin. Instead, use a gentle enzyme exfoliater. I know this is long, but I hope it helps! Most of these products are here on Sephora! 

@Veahhhh @It might be more of a skincare thing or the foundation isn’t suited for your skin type. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing