cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Good products for dry skin and lips??

Hey guys! My skin is so dry and no matter what at the end of the day my foundation/skin is always flakey at mid/end of the day. Does anyone know any good products to help with that? Thanks loves! 

Re: Good products for dry skin and lips??

I have super dry lips and the only thing that's worked quickly and made my lips softer were the Balm De Rose from Terry, I believe thats what it's called. It'd pricey but it comes in a pot and will last you forever. Also Laneige just came to Sephora with the lip mask that I saw had mad reviews and that might also be good, haven't tried it myself tho. As for moisturizer, I use the drunk elephant at night and it made my skin soft and smooth in the morning and I layer the Fresh nectar moisturizer over it as well before I do my makeup,

RE: Good products for dry skin and lips??

I had super dry forehead and nose skin but I started using Laneige products and it has really helped my forehead it's not dry at all anymore. My nose it has helped somewhat but I still get flaky around the corners. But regardless have noticed huge difference with these products specifically the Bright Renew Cream as my daily moisturizer the Water Sleeping Mask overnight and the Bright Sparkling Foam Water as my cleanser. Hope this helps!

For lips: Kiehl's Lip Balm #1, Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve, and Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen because they exfoliate, provide SPF, and they can be tinted!

Here's a great thread discussing dry skin:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Dry-Skin/Dry-Skin-Talk/m-p/2779045#M27

My HG product is Consonant HydrExtreme. I really love that product and it takes care of any dry patches I might have (when testing new products). It keep my skin hydrated and plump. Definitely worth the money. You don't need much of the product so it will last you a long time. It's a serum that feels like water. You can also mix it in with your moisturizer.  I sound like a broken record recommending this product but I am just so pleased with it.  For my lips my HG is Intelligent Nutrients Lip Delivery Nutrition. Nothing has ever beat this lip balm for me... and I try a lot because I love lip balms lol

Hey I just posted this on another thread but I thought I would share my experience with dry skin and foundations/moisturizers because I know how annoying it can be with the flakiness! I have relatively dry skin and find that the YSL Touche Eclat foundation is fantastic! It is a bit pricy but I find that it provides amazing coverage while also maintaining a healthy skin balance. As with any foundation, I apply this with a damp beauty blender and dab it on while avoiding making any swiping or side-to-side motions, as this will cause micro-exfoliation and thus further aggravate dry patches! It is important, however, to moisturize with a trusted moisturizer (I prefer either the Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation moisturizer or the Neutrogena Hydro boost gel-cream moisturizer for extra-dry skin which is the creamier version of the normal Neutrogena Hydro boost water gel). I enjoy these moisturizers because they absorb quickly into your skin and don't leave your face feeling super tacky or oily. This is also a huge plus in the morning because it makes it easier and quicker to then apply a good primer and then your foundation! I would recommend moisturizing every morning and night after gently cleansing your face to establish a good balance. Another good foundation that I have found for drier skin is the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. This foundation has a radiant finish which is ideal for dry skin and has a medium coverage, but is also buildable so you can definitely make it more full coverage if you would like! The foundation that I am currently enjoying is the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation because I have been very into super full coverage foundations recently and although I have had relatively normal/mildly dry skin recently, I find that this foundation doesn't dry me out one bit and has a slightly matte/radiant finish so it gives you that nice glow without being overwhelming (which I found with the Josie Maran Vibrancy foundation where I felt like an oil-slick). I hope this helps you out a bit and good luck finding your go-to foundation! 🙂 

RE: Good products for dry skin and lips??

I just posted this on another thread but- I was recently introduced to Boscia and now my whole skin care routine is Boscia only. I cannot describe to you how amazing this was for me. I've had dry skin for going on 16-17 years. Even when I was young I'd have to get special stereoids and creams to help my skin hydrate itself. It's been a nightmare and this past year I really gave up hope of having normal skin. Well I had a facial at Sephora cause I'm a rouge and I may as well use it right? Life changing!! They help me develop a routine and my skin has been perfect ever since!! Try this!! Step one: Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Gel Oil- I put about a dime size in my hand rub my hands together to warm it up and then put it on Step two: Boscia Tsubaki Splash Mask- Fill your sink with warm water add 3 (bottle says two but my skins really dry so I add 3) pumps of this stuff and just splash your face 3-4 times. Step three: (This is the best part) Boscia Tsubaki Glotion (4 pumps) and Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil (3 drops) mix it together in your hands and then spread over your face. You will instantly feel so much more moisturized!!! Lastly, 2-3 nights a week use Boscia exfoliating peel gel, and then the tsunami sleeping mask before bed. Be careful with these two as they are strong and if you use them too often they may sting your skin. My skin is pretty sensitive so I have to put minimal amounts of these two on. Nonetheless, I have never felt better about my skin!! Try it once and wait 15 minutes or so then look at your skin. It's crazy what this all does!
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing