cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

GOD HELP ME.

I have extremely dry skin and I cannot find a moisturizer that helps.

I use a water gel but about 2 pm at school my skin is already dry af and crusty, even though I exfoliate normally and use moisturizer 3 times a day. any suggestions on better products to use or skin care?

Tags:

RE: GOD HELP ME.

That used to be me, I’d suggest coconut oil but it can clog pores if you use it more than like 2 times a week to fall asleep with it on at night but I use caster oil to help with acne and dryness and I fall asleep with that on my whole face like once a week

Re: GOD HELP ME.

I have extremely dry skin too. My recommendations would be for a night time to use GlamGlow Thirstymud Mask. Keep it overnight! 

At day time I like to use Clinique 72 hours Moisture Surge. Hopefully this helps!

My skin is also very dry.

Use caution with exfoliation, it strips the natural oils.  Instead try using masks for dry skin.  I love REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL,and   #Kiehl's Since 1851 Tumeric and Cranberry Mask which offers light exfoliation.  

Use a soothing toner for dry skin, LANEIGE - Essential Power Skin Toner for Normal to Dry Skinis a good one, as is LANCôME - Tonique Confort Re-Hydrating Comforting Toner with Acacia Honey.

Next add a serum formulated for dry skin.  This will help your skin soak in the moisturizer.  I use several, 
CAUDALIE - Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serumaand Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLare my favorites lately.

Then top it with a great moisturizer.  My favorites are 
#Kiehl's Super Multi Corrective Cream with SPF, Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL,and CAUDALIE - Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet.

Mist your face a few times a day with a hydrating mist.  My favorites are 
CAUDALIE - Beauty Elixirand CLINIQUE Moisture Surge Face Spray.  

At night try LANEIGE - Water Sleeping Mask or 
Kiehl's Since 1851 Midnight Recovery Concentrate Moisturizing Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 ml--they are both amazing!

@Anonymous water gels are usually more targeted toward oily skin. Try layering something more emollient on top. In my opinion, the best way to treat dry skin is layer, layer, layer. Layer a hydrating toner with a hydrating serum with a nice moisturizer. At night, you can also use an oil. Also, don't over exfoliate, you might just be making the problem worse. Stay away from anything that has alcohol too. I'm not sure what your budget is but since you said school I'm gonna go more drugstore/not too expensive, but feel free to look into alternatives.

Cleanser- Cerave or Cetaphil have nice gentle hydrating cleansers. Use cold water so you don't strip your skin.

Toner and Essence- These are K-Beauty staples for a reason. Right now I'm using Olivarrier Dual Moist toning lotion and PyunkangYul but there's tons of options, all under $20.

Serum and Moisturizer. The best hydrating serum I've tried is the First Aid Beauty one. Their cream is really nice.

I found this set and all the items in it are really good, worth a shot.

Hope this helps!

https://www.sephora.com/product/skin-summit-P436338?icid2=products%20grid:p436338:product

@Anonymous Try Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Cream and Beauty Oil plus a hydrating mist.  Those helped my dry skin.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing