Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Foundation

What’s the best foundation y’all have tried for dry skin?

Re: Foundation

@Ufret I have sensitive dry skin and I finally know what works best for me -

Armani luminous silk is amazing, I saved up for it because it’s pricey but it really makes my skin look healthy and vibrant not shiny not drying (It’s light/ medium coverage)

The Fenty hydrating one is really good too... affordable and great coverage it goes on even and not shiny also 🙂

Thanks for the info

Hi @Ufret, I've found these foundations to work well for my dehydrated-dry skin:

Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation (buildable to medium coverage)

IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Full Coverage Color Correcting Foundation with SPF 50+ (buildable to medium to medium-to-full coverage, depending on what you use to apply it)

Kosas Tinted Face Oil Comfy Skin Tint (for light coverage)

Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint (despite its name, it gives more coverage than just a tint; I'd say something between a tinted moisturizer and medium coverage)

If you have a foundation you like in terms of color match and feel but it's not moisturizing enough for you, you might want to try mixing some of the foundation with a drop of facial oil. That will help to keep your skin moisturized without changing the color of the foundation. I like The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL but other moisturizing oils like Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 1.01 oz / 30 mL or Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL  would work nicely as well.

Anonymous Insider

@itsfi building on this... I have SUPER dry skin.. usually use a primer and then a foundation (haven't found one I am in love with yet but plan on using some of your suggestions on this post). I also need a look that is going to look good while being active. I ride horses competitively and in the show ring is where I get the most trouble. My foundation starts to look splotchy both from sweat and dry skin. Can I do anything to help both?

thanks!

@Anonymous, for foundation, what are you currently using or have you used and of those, which would you say has worked best for you? My initial thought was that maybe you should go for something that not be so heavy because you're in the show ring. Bare Minerals Original Foundation came to mind (I'll try to tag it below but it doesn't seem to let me just pick the foundation without a color), but with mineral foundations and dry skin, we'd want to make sure your skin is adequately moisturized and primed so it doesn't dry out more. Another foundation that might be of interest to you is MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation (not carried at Sephora USA).

When I was at my driest, the Hourglass serum primer worked really well for my skin. There are several essential oils in it though, which can cause a reaction to some skin so definitely take a careful look through the ingredients list to make sure there's nothing there that's known to cause your skin to react. There's a travel size that would be good to try out first. In terms of setting your makeup, what are you currently using?

I suspect that your being outdoors with the wind and elements while riding has a lot to do with the dryness you are experiencing and with your foundation breaking down and turning splotchy. Sometimes, changes to our skincare routine might also be helpful. May I ask what your skincare routine(s) (morning and night) look like? Do you have a different skincare routine pre-makeup on days you ride competitively / in the show room? I'm wondering if adding or using different products might help as well. 

bareMinerals bareMinerals Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Golden Fair 

Hourglass N° 28 Primer Serum 

Hourglass Mini Veil Mineral Primer 0.31 oz/ 8.9 mL - Travel Size 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing