Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Foundation recommendation for winter

Hello! Does anyone have a foundation recommendation for winter/dry skin? I have used Nars Radiance in the past and liked it, but I always want to try something new. I used Fenty this summer but it's too drying for the winter when my skin flakes. I recently was in a Sephora and bought the Hourglass Hyaluronic Illusion but it's not setting right on my face and not enough coverage. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Re: Foundation recommendation for winter

Hi @Bblinbabe,

I have really dry skin and I find mixing Too Faced Born This Way Natural Finish Longwear Liquid Foundation Brulee

and Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40 mLis a great combo that keeps my face hydrated throughout the day. 

I hope this helps!

Best,

Steph 

RE: Re: Foundation recommendation for winter

Thanks! I use too faced hangover remedy primer so I’ll check this out!

Hi @Bblinbabe,

I recommend the AMOREPACIFIC - Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+this time of year. It is hydrating on the skin and provides a great amount of coverage. Hope this helps!

Best,
Rebecca 

Thanks! I was worried the cushion wouldn’t provide enough coverage and show dry patches, so good to know! Appreciate the suggestion!

@Bblinbabe I love NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 on my dry/combo skin and mix it with a beauty oil for extra hydration.

Thanks! I need more coverage during winter but I love that one for summer!

@Bblinbabe For winter I really like Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation 8.75i use to use 2 different foundations one for summer and one for winter but I find this one has been perfect year round. 

Thank you! I've always wanted to try this and debated - so I will give it a shot. 

Now to figure out which color I am 🙂 they don't sell this at our local one. 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing