Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Foundation for Eczema-Prone Skin

Hello everyone. I’m new to makeup. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for foundation that works well with dry, sensitive, eczema-prone skin. I got a few recommendations from some helpful Sephora employees, both online and in-store, but I’m hesitant to pull the trigger on something that costs $60-$70 and be wasted because it causes a flare up. I would love to hear people’s experiences with different brands. Thanks in advance for your suggestions! 

Re: Foundation for Eczema-Prone Skin

It Cosmetics CC Cream is the best for eczema I’ve found. 

I understand the hesitation and sometimes frustration when it comes to foundation for sensitive skin. 🥺 

Understandably, because of eczema we have to stay away from gel-based products, avoid products with alcohol base formulas, and wear sunscreen [or find makeup with SPF in it]. My one tip in the selection process would be to move towards products that state "hypoallergenic" and/or "sensitive skin formulated".

My first foundation was Tarte Rainforest of the Sea because it was 20% water-based and tarte BB Blur Tinted Moisturizer Medium-Tan. Neither of those products irritated my skin post flare-up. However, I haven't seen the Rainforest of the Sea Foundation since. So, I moved over to another hypoallergenic brand called Too Faced Born This Way Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation Makeup. Just like Tarte, it doesn't irritate my skin and it's almost mousse-like when applied. 

@JoSometimes I think you could get a good concealer for eczema. I started getting it on my neck and to cover it up I use a concealer stick from Cle de Peau.  I have dry combo skin more on the sensitive side and the concealer I use last for 2 years. It’s on the pricey side but worth every penny. I also use it to cover any imperfections on my face. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing