Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Foundation for Acne medicated skin!

I'm currently on a acne topical regimen from my dermatologist (Aczone and Epiduo forte) and its making it sooo sensitive, and flaky/dry. Whats best foundation to wear when I do need to put on makeup that wont irritate it and help hydrate!! Must be oil free though and non clogging!

Re: Foundation for Acne medicated skin!

I was in the same spot as you, right down to the Epiduo! I had a really positive experience with NARS Sheer Glow. It didn't break me out or clog up my skin. Coverage was buildable, and the texture was moisturizing. Don't forget to set it with some sort of powder—I found that when I didn't, when my skin would get a little oilier later in the day, the oils would "break down" the foundation and lead to it shifting on my skin.

I have really sensitive skin, made so much more so by the Epiduo (had to try about 10 moisturizers before I found one that didn't make me look like I had a sunburn after I applied it)—this foundation didn't bother me at all.

The foundation on its own won't be enough to totally moisturize your skin (as I'm sure you know!) but it certainly doesn't dry it out any further. It felt dewy and nice, without feeling greasy or shiny. I still use it now that my skin's calmed down.

Also—the dryness from the topicals *does* go away. I still use Epiduo Forte preventatively now (and will for the indefinite future). It took about a month and a half for my skin to stop feeling tight and flaky. Now, the moisture level in my skin is back to normal. (Pro tip—Vaseline on your lips before applying, if you're getting any transfer to your lip area, saved my life. The dryness was unreal.)

Happy to chat more about other brands 🙂

Re: Foundation for Acne medicated skin!

Thank you so much! What moisturizer did you end up finding that worked? This has all definitely calmed down cause i use it every other day, but I really do need to use it daily

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing