cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Foundation Preference

Hey guys!

So I have dry skin and all the previous brands I've tried have separated and broken after a few hours of wear. I've narrowed it down to 3 top brands, but can't decide. For those of who who also have dry skin, which brand for primer, foundation, concealer, setting powder/spray and bronzer do you recommend/prefer for an all day, hydrating smooth wear:

1. BeautyBlender

2. Too Face, Born This Way
3. Smashbox

RE: Foundation Preference

I start my skin prep with Skinfix hydrating serum, Embrolyssiomoisturizer+primer, and Dermalogica undereye cream followed by Herbivore - cannabis oil and lip treatment by sugar. Let this sink in for about20-30 minutes. Then go in with Too faced - hangover hydrating primer on dry areas and use Smashbox photofinish primer on rest of my face. I then spray my entire face with morphe makeup setting spray and dot on my Makeup forever HD stick foundation. I spray my face with morphe spray and use my damp pro beauty blender to blend. I then apply Tarte shapetape concealer and spray my face with morphe spray and blend with beauty blender. I then go in with laura mericier translucent powder underneath eye with my beauty blender to set concealer. I apply a little extra powder under neath the eye to bake but nothing to crazy because I have dry skin. Once I apply bronzer and blush I wipe off extra powder andspray my face with morphe spray and apply highlighter. If you have areas that crease just spray the morphe spray on the beauty blender and pushthe product in to those areas at the end. For me that problem area is my laugh lines. This technique really helps!

Re: Foundation Preference

@Chlo004 

I have dry/combo but more dry

primer YVES SAINT LAURENT - Touche Eclat Blur Primer

foundationNARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 St. Moritz

La Mer The Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation SPF 20 150 Natural - Very Light Skin with Neutral Undertone

CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Light Wonder Foundation

concealer NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine. I use Cle de Peau

setting powderHourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent

spray OMOROVICZA - Magic Moisture Mist

Morphe setting spray 

CAUDALIE - Beauty Elixir

bronzer GUERLAIN - Terracotta Bronzing Powder

I tried samples of the ones below and they didn’t work for my skin

do you recommend/prefer for an all day, hydrating smooth wear:

1. BeautyBlender

2. Too Face, Born This Way
3. Smashbox

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies