Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Foundation/BB for dry, textured skin?

Hello all! This is my first time posting, and my skin is desperate for help. I have extremely dry, textured skin. I am just getting over years of cystic acne, so I have quite a few coloured scars and textured marks. I have tried everything to find a foundation/BB/CC that doesn't make my skin look caked and awful. My problem is, I also have very pale skin, and many shades don't come light enough for me. I have a routine to help my dry skin, including using Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea primer to add a bit of hydration before my makeup. But nothing seems to help. I really just want something that will match my shade, look okay over textured spots, and not cake up. I don't even need my acne scars to be fully covered, I just want them to not be so red and prominent. So a medium coverage foundation is totally welcomed.

Also, if you have any recommendations for another primer, if you know of one better for dry skin, I'm all ears!

RE: Foundation/BB for dry, textured skin?

Hey @Boulie I have really pale/ dry skin and the Too Faced Born this way In shade snow works so well for me. I do use the Too Faced Hangover Primer Too because it’s really hydrating and Sets a great smooth base for the foundation. I’ve also wanted to try out he Huda foundation because I’ve read great reviews and the there’s a great selection of shades. I loved the Fenty shades because 100 and 120 are so perfectly pale but it doesn’t sit well on textures skin, it looked awful on my dry patches. Hope this helps a bit 🙂

Re: RE: Foundation/BB for dry, textured skin?

I've heard great things about Too Faced Born this way foundation. I may have to give it a try because they do seem to have quite the shade range that may be able to match! I have seen lots of people warn about Fenty and how it's not so great for texture, so I have made sure to stay away from that just to not be disappointed. Thanks for the suggestions! I should look into the hangover primer, because I'm always open to a primer that can make my skin feel good and still help my makeup last.

Re: Foundation/BB for dry, textured skin?

@Boulie Maybe give IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream a try. The lightest shade is called Fair. The founder of IT has sensitive and troublesome skin too, so all the products in the line are designed to help cover and conceal without irritation or needing a ton of products (so it doesn't look cakey). 

Re: Foundation/BB for dry, textured skin?

Thanks for the suggestion! It Cosmetics is a great brand, I've just been so scared to try them because I have seen their second lightest shade and it was a good 5 shades too dark for me! But "Fair" may be up my alley, or hopefully! So I definitely will try to see how the shade is. Thanks!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing