Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Flaky Makeup

My skin without makeup is fine, and my forehead is often shiny. after I apply cosmetics, it tends to peel/not settle well on my skin. it could be because I have light facial hair all over my face (has dermaplaning worked for anyone?) so that could be a reason why, but it's mostly dryness. My main wash 1x times a day is the PanOxyl 10% Acne Foaming Wash, and I use CeraVe moisturizing cream on top. I don't really like CeraVe, it feels really heavy on my skin. If anyone has daily moisturizer recs and something to fix my makeup that would be great!!

Re: Flaky Makeup

@notevenelene   If you have dry skin you’re better off layering thinner serums than using a thicker cream.  Thicker creams are great in the winter when the air is very dry to create a skin barrier but lighter products tend to absorb better.   LANEIGE Mini Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Cream Moisturizer .67 oz/ 20 mL belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb .84 oz / 25 mL   

Also, try applying your moisturizer ten minutes before applying makeup.  If any is still sitting on your skin after that, blot it off before beginning your makeup to ensure you makeup doesn’t slide around.  

Apply as thin a layer of foundation as you can get away with and then set with a very light dusting of finishing powder.  basically you want to get the powder on your brush and then tap it off as much  as possible and then dust your face lightly.  

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing