Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Flakey sensitive skin

So I’m struggling with dry skin for the first time ever. And I was seeing improvements based on some changes I made 4+weeks ago however the weather here has gotten colder and the air quality is HORRIBLE. End result is some dry flakey patches that one actually cracked at work today. My skin care routine is using Eve Lom moisturizing cleanser (it’s oil based that I warm up on my hands, massage onto face then steam it before gently rinsing it off) I then use murad sensitive serum and then murad nutrient charged water gel moisturizer. I do this morning and night, though about 3-4 nights a week before moisturizer I also use vitamin e oil on my face. Is there a different moisturizer I should use? Is first aid beauty good for flakey dry skin or is something else going to be better? My skin was doing so much better but then the days got colder and my skin stopped healing.

Re: Flakey sensitive skin

Hi @MarissaAshleigh,

You have some great recommendations! I would also recommend looking into the DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Cream, I used this when I had slight dermatitis and it really added the much needed moisture my skin needed. I always go back to it when my skin is more on the drier side! 

-Helen

@MarissaAshleigh Oh girl, I feel you! Canadian winter has my skin all confused! Since introducing DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Cream into my routine, I havent had to worry about dryness. It's the most incredible moisturizer! 

@MarissaAshleigh I love DRUNK ELEPHANT - B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum and FRESH - Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer for my dry/combo skin that sometimes flakes when it's too dry out or when I don't care of my skin right.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing