Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Face wash that's good for dry skin and acne

So I recently started using glow recipe blueberry face wash and at first it works great my face felt smooth but now it drys up my skin. I need help finding a good face wash that is great for dry skin I currently have acne from a serum that I was using. Hyaluronic acid drys me out so I'm going to try to avoid that as much as I can. Skin Routine: Glow Recipe Blueberry Face Wash Tata Harper resurfacing serum Ren global protection day cream Sunday Riley Juno oil

Re: Face wash that's good for dry skin and acne

La Roche Posay Toleraine Hydrating Cleanser was a savior for me when I was on Accutane and I still love it! Super hydrating, cleans well, easily accessible, and affordable. Honestly, it's the best cleanser that I've tried and I've tried a lot....

I would still suggest using the blueberry cleanser once in awhile after your skin has stabilized. A consistent exfoliation routine is necessary for better skin quality!

@usagisushi  The blueberry face wash has AHA's in it (chemical exfoliant, that's why your face feels so smooth after you use it!) which can be a touch harsh for those with dry/sensitive skin if used daily. You want your face to feel clean, but not "squeaky" or tight after washing. Oil based or balm cleansers are great for dry skin, if you're using lots of actives later in your routine, no really need to pile them on during the cleanse. Lots of "glow" or resurfacing products that claim daily use can be too much for dry skin to handle; you can still use them but aim for a few times a week rather than every day. 

A couple of my favorite cleansers:

Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel - not available at sephora but it feels so nourishing while you're using it, had to mention!

Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml

NEOGEN DERMALOGY - Green Tea Real Fresh Foam Cleanser

INDIE LEE - Brightening Cleanser

If your skin still feels stripped, try adding in a hydrating essence after the wash, or substitute your morning cleanse with just plain cold water rinse or micellar water. Less can be more! 

Hi @usagisushi,

Look for a face wash that will deep cleanse your skin without stripping your skin of its natural oils. For acne prone skin that is on the dry side, I recommend Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash 5 oz/ 150 mL.

Wishing your clear and luminous skin,

Penelope

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing