Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Dry Skin

Face Wash Recommendations!!

I am in need of a new face wash!! I have dry skin that gets oily throughout the day because it's trying to hydrate itself. I am currently using Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser. I like it a lot because I feel like it really deep cleans my skin, BUT I am looking for something that doesn't strip the natural oils from my face. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

RE: Face Wash Recommendations!!

I have had this product for a while now, and Dr.Jart+ Dermaclear Trans-foam clay (green) is one of the best face washed I have had and it also cleanses the skin and freshens and purifies it and it is also Dermatologist tested. So you know it defiantly is worth it. Hope this helps ๐Ÿ˜Š

Fresh Soy cleanser is really light and soothing. If youโ€™re looking for something to also remove make up the Algenist ultimate anti-aging melting cleanser and Estee Lauder advanced micro cleansing balm are beautiful ways to take off make up and hydrate skin.

Best face wash ever is Origins Checks and Balances. Get a sample and try it- works on both dry and oily areas.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Face Wash Recommendations!!

@daleye60

All cleansers strip your natural oils. Some just strip more than others.

Foam type cleansers can feel rather tight on dry skin, so gel cleansers may be more favorable. As another user suggested, Fresh Soy Bean Cleanser is quite moisturizing. Though, the cleanser itself isn't enough to supplement hydration so make sure to promptly moisturize. By doing so, your skin will have less of an incentive to over produce oils, thus prevent feeling oily.

Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cleanser is gentle and great for dry skin. Its more of a cream than a foam.

If you're interested in oil cleansers, Tatcha's Camelia One Step Oil Cleanser is also great for dry/dehydrated skin. Its gentle. 

I prefer gentle cleansers and I really like these.

Hey! For dry skin that needs a deep clean, I recommend Algenist's Purifying & Replenishing Cleanser. It also works great with cleansing tools such as the Foreo and Clarisonic because it does foam up quite well, but it doesn't completely strip your skin of its natural moisture (like most cleansers that foam up!). Another favourite of mine is Fresh's Soy Cleanser, it is fragrance-free and soap-free, doesn't burn the eyes and it just smells like cucumbers because it has real cucumber extract, aloe vera and rose water in it. It is one of my holy grails because it feels like a cooling and moisturizing cucumber jelly on your face and it removes makeup so well! It is also so gentle that I enjoy it in the mornings too. FYI, I am very dry, sensitive and prone to breakouts. I also happen to be a Sephora Skincare Consultant ๐Ÿ˜‰ xo

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing