Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Eyelid eczema

This may be weird but in the winter time my skin on my eyelids get extremely irritated and dry. Any recommendations on what to use for relief?

Re: Eyelid eczema

I actually have this exact issue. Facially, I have eczema on my eyelids, right under my waterline, around my mouth, and occasionally on my T-zone. I use a combination of things to manage it. The two big things for me is finding a good moisturizer and ointment. Moisturizers and ointments are heavy, so a lot of people do not like to use them on their face. I have very dry skin+ezcema, so I find that using both an ointment and moisturizer in combination is absolutely necessary for managing my eczema. To moisturize I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream all over, it is not the most expensive and for me, it works great. For ointment, I use a steroid type ointment that was prescribed by my doctor. I use it for up to 3/4 days consecutively as needed for inflammation and breakouts. Then I will switch to a different less intense one. Right, when I get out of the shower I will use my ointment on breakout stops and lock it in with my moisturizing cream. After you shower by using a moisturizing cream it will help lock in that water to help rehydrate your skin.

Basically, I recommend talking to your doctors to see what works best for you based on your type of eczema, its location, and what tends to trigger your breakouts. Do not be afraid to ask them questions too, that's what they are there for 😄

Some soaps and moisturizers that my doctor recommended were Cetaphil, CeraVe, Aveeno, Eucerin, Dove (for soap), Aquaphor, Vaseline, and Crisco. 

I hope some of that helped, best of luck to you girlie!! I know it can be hard since what works for one person might not have the same effects for another. 

hey!!!

I found that skin fix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Boost 360° Eye worked for me.  or first aid beauty eye cream. I would recommend getting a sample in-store at Sephora before purchasing anything. again, everyone's skin is different.   

SKIN FIXSkinfix barrier+ Triple Lipid-Boost 360° Hydrating Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

FIRST AID BEAUTY - Eye Duty Triple Remedy Overnight Balm

@Sabbypants SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Maskis very moisturizing and soothing.  Good for all skin types, including eczema.  

Look into the hemp line of products by the Body Shop. I had psoriasis all my life until I started using their balm and it all cleared up and I havent had any recurrence now for close to fifteen years. When I was younger I would also get it on my eyelids and know how that looks and feels. Try the hemp but go very carefully with it, just a tiny amount above your eyes and see how it goes.

RE: Eyelid eczema

This happens to me all the time! I feel your pain. 😢 I have had some success with Hada Labo’s Moisturizing Gel Cream and CeraVe’s Baby Moisturizing Cream. That combination doesn’t completely control my eczema, but it does make the peeling a lot more manageable. (My main goal is to avoid using topical steroids because they thin the skin over time, which is particularly undesirable in the eye area!)
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing