cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Dry skin

Hello, 

im a 34 yr old female with really dry sensitive skin and im having the most difficult time finding a facial cleanser and moisturizer. I have a hydrating serum and spf already but any recommendations for a hydrating facial cleanser and moisturizing face moisturizer, I would gladly appreciate it! Thanks! 

Re: Dry skin

@MandysMU  In addition to all the other great recommendations here, I wanted to suggest my own standard cleanser, the Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip French Green Clay Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL. It's the only cleanser I've found that cleans my skin without stripping it of moisture. Good luck - I hope you find the right products for your skin!

@Westcoasty @Thank you for this wonderful recommendation, it seems that it’s out of stock on here but I will definitely look out for that one and check it out. 

@SportyGirly125 thanks so much for these recommendations, that origins one sounds really awesome & different than my usual face cleansers. I will definitely look into that one! 

@MandysMU Welcome 

Hi @MandysMU! My favourites are The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL and SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hyaluronic Acid Hydrator Moisturizer. I have dry sensitive skin too and those have become my go-to products. Another cleanser that I’ve been enjoying lately is Byoma Creamy Jelly Cleanser, which I picked up at my local drugstore. 

@JoSometimes thank you so much for these recommendations, I will definitely try them out! 

Hello @MandysMU ! I have mostly-dry combo skin that's fairly sensitive and quite reactive/inflammation-prone. Most Sephora-sold facial cleansers I've tried left my skin feeling too dry and tight or caused irritation. I'm apparently a wildcard since many people with dry skin love some cleansers my skin hates. Eh, we don't all have the same skin, so your results may vary. 

Cleansers I use: 

Spoiler

PM: 

Makeup/sunscreen removal: either The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL or Paula's Choice Omega + Complex Cleansing Balm 3.5 oz/ 104 mL , though I prefer The Inkey List's because I can also use it as a 10 minute soothing oat mask if needed, plus I find it removes eye makeup better than the Paula's Choice balm. For very stubborn eye makeup, I use Paula's Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover (the liquid, not the wipes). After using one of these removers, I follow with one of the below cleansers. 

Cleanser: 

• e.l.f. Pure Skin Facial Cleanser - creamy jellyish cleanser. I just finished testing a mini and decided to buy a full size bottle. 
  • Abib Heartleaf Stone Calming Facial Soap - a solid bar (eh, puck) that's not a true soap despite the name. It creates an emollient lather and never leaves my skin feeling dry, but also doesn't leave it feeling coated with a film. This is my current favorite facial cleanser. 
  • CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar - a lathering solid bar cleanser that's almost a solid version of the liquid cream CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser. I personally prefer the bar. I use this on my body and sometimes my face when I'm in the shower (I'm a nighttime shower person). 

AM: 

I usually just gently wipe my face with a wet plush microfiber cloth (like a Makeup Eraser), and sometimes I only wipe where I need to, usually just around my eyes. If I do need a morning wash, I use either The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm, Paula's Choice Omega+ Complex Cleansing Balm, or Paula's Choice RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser (a non-lathering cream cleanser)—again focusing it just where I need it, rather than using it on my whole face unless necessary. Some folks just use Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water in the morning. 

Moisturizer: this can change depending on the weather, as my skin needs more water-loss prevention and chapping/windburn protection during winter than summer. But I generally use these moisturizers throughout the year: Vanicream Daily Facial Moisturizer, CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion, CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, Vanicream Moisturizing Cream, Aquaphor Ointment, and CeraVe Healing Ointment. Those last 2 are petrolatum-based balms I use as facial moisturizers when either my skin barrier's broken (very dry, flaky, red, and irritated) or I need extra water-loss prevention, usually during winter. If you're skin-sensitive or allergic to lanolin, avoid Aquaphor. 

Quick moisturizer tip: always apply it to damp (but not soaking wet) skin. That way you won't seal in dryness. 

I haven't tried e.l.f.'s Pure Skin moisturizer yet... this reminds me to test it soon. 

Thank you so much for all your recommendations and tips and also for taking out the time to respond to my post. I really appreciate it and will most definitely look into some of these products. 

Hi @MandysMU I have a few I've tried and enjoyed for my dry skin,  but everyone is different. And, our skin is unique. 🩷

Dry and Sensitive, have you tried SkinFix before? 

Skinfix Barrier+ Foaming Clay Cleanser 5 oz/ 148 mL  or Skinfix barrier+ Strengthening and Moisturizing Triple Lipid-Peptide Refillable Cream with B-L3 ? This brand is worth investigating a bit. 

The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL is a nice first cleanse to break down makeup and your SPF, it's gentle and moisturizing but you would need to follow it up with a regular cleanser.

Dry skin can sometimes benefit from facial oils.  Just one or two drops after your moisturizer can really boost your hydration and prevent moisture loss.  Tread lightly,  you don't want to go overboard with oils.

I love The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 

And it's sooo affordable. 🙂

Another one I like is Biossance Mini Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 0.5 oz / 15 mL  or Sunday Riley Juno Antioxidant + Superfood Face Oil ( It has an earthy smell but it's sooo lovely on the skin)

I hope this helps! 

Thank you for telling me about the @ thing because I didn’t know I could do that and that I would just click on reply and you would see it but now I’m aware of that 🙂 @CynthieLu 

Your welcome @MandysMU 🙂

Thank you so much for responding to my post and for all your tips and recommendations. I couldn’t agree more that everyone skin is different and may react differently to some products but at this point I’m willing to try anything lol I will definitely look into your recommendations and try some out. Thanks once again! 

(@MandysMU if you type the @ symbol than the person's name, you can tag them so they won't miss your reply 🙂)

I hope you find something that works for you! Good luck 💚

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 29 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing