Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Dry skin

What’s the best product for dry skin as in this weather I always struggle with finding something suitable for my skin. #dryskin #skincare

Re: Dry skin

This is a definite call for Frist Aid and Beauty Ultra Repair Cream it does wonder for dry skin it also feels so soothing when it is refrigerate it makes ot that much better also yes with this weather WHEWW my skin has been extra dry so I always use my more jelly like moisturizer then the thicker moisturizer on top and it has helped sooo much! 

Hope this helped:)

tula has an amazing light weight but heavy on the moisture moisturizer believe its called 24hr moisturizer remember to always use hyaluronic acid always key to hydrated skin 😁

@Freebiesuk  What's your current skincare routine (brands + product names)? For some folks, it helps to scale back on certain ingredients/products (exfoliants, for instance) during winter, in addition to boost hydrating and moisturizing products/ingredients. 

Currently I use products from Elemis, Estée Lauder and use mostly hydrating products. But I still seem to find these drying on the skin and not helping with the dryness. I will have a look into this thank you. 💗

@Freebiesuk  Which specific products from those brands do you use, if you don't mind listing them out? If products we suggest contain mostly the same ingredients as the ones you already use, then our suggestions probably won't help you much. It's easy to waste lots of money chasing products that end up being redundant, unfortunately—including the ones I'm about to suggest. 

Switching to a more hydrating (or less drying/stripping) cleanser can help a lot with dryness. You want a gentle cleanser that doesn't leave a "squeaky clean" feel on your skin. I have mostly-dry combo skin that gets drier each winter (I live in Chicago). Each night, I use the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar on my face and body in the shower. That's a lathering solid bar version of the popular non-lathering cream CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser, which some folks prefer. To remove makeup and/or mineral sunscreen, I double cleanse, starting with either The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL or Paula's Choice Omega + Complex Cleansing Balm 3.5 oz/ 104 mL and finishing with the CeraVe bar. 

Other things you could try: 

• Keep your skin damp throughout your skincare routine; don't let it fully dry down between skincare steps. You can simply tap a little water on your face, or use a hydrating mist. My current favorites are Timeless HA Matryxl 3000 & Cucumber Spray and COSRX Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner (my skin's inflammation-prone; centella asiatica helps calm it down). Another option is Youth To The People Adaptogen Soothe + Hydrate Activated Mist with Peptides 4 oz/ 118 mL which is especially nice in winter; it contains moisturizing shea butter. 

• Always apply moisturizer to skin while it's damp (but not soaking wet). This will help seal in hydration instead of dryness. 

• For extra dry skin, a petrolatum-based balm can help immensely as a moisturizer. Petrolatum is the most occlusive (water loss preventing) skincare ingredient available. On subzero days, I use either Aquaphor Ointment or CeraVe Healing Ointment on my face to seal in hydration and protect against windburn and chapping. You can also try a thick dimethicone balm; I like Aveeno Eczema Therapy Nighttime Itch Relief Balm (there's also a version for babies that's pretty much the same product) for its soothing ability, and it really is quite moisturizing. When I use one of these balms as a daytime moisturizer, I still apply sunscreen over it. 
  • If you wash your face twice a day, try skipping the AM wash at least a few times a week. (Assuming you don't work nightshift; in that case, skip the PM/"just woke up" wash.) Not everyone needs to cleanse twice daily, and cutting back can help with moisture retention. Most mornings, I gently wipe my face with a wet plush microfiber cloth (like a Makeup Eraser), and sometimes I only do this around my eyes or wherever else I need it. If I do cleanse in the morning, I use one of those cleansing balms I mentioned earlier (Inkey List or Paula's Choice), or I use the non-lathering cream Paula's Choice RESIST Hydrating Facial Cleanser—and again, I don't often wash my whole face in the morning, just around my eyes or wherever else I need it. 

I hope you find something that works for you! I know firsthand how annoying and irritating very dry skin can be. 

@Freebiesuk these are excellent suggestions and great advice, sometimes it's not just the product but learning better ways to use them. Skipping a soapy AM wash, patting your skin dry instead of reaching for a towel, using non stripping washes etc.. these go the extra mile for dry skin. 

@WinglessOne these tips are golden 🙏

Thank you 🙏 

I love the skinfix barrier triple lipid peptide cream. It is amazing for my dry sensitive acne prone skin. I live in Nothern BC and use tretinoin and this stuff still manages to keep my skin hydrated!

Thank you for your help 💖

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 26 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing