Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Dry skin

What are some products that has helped you with your dry skin? 

Re: Dry skin

Hi 🙂

I have really dry skin and a product that has helped me a lot is Skinfix Barrier+

@Mahvxkhn  For my mostly-dry combo skin, I look for: 

Gentle cleansers that don't strip my skin - at night, I use CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar on my face and body in the shower. In the morning, I often skip face wash and instead gently wipe my face with a wet plush microfiber cloth. If I do need an AM wash, I use a non-lathering cream cleanser or balm, either The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL or Paula's Choice Omega + Complex Cleansing Balm 3.5 oz/ 104 mL . 

Humectant and hydrating ingredients - things that attract water to my skin, especially when applied while my skin's damp. These include hyaluronic acid, PCA (you'll usually see sodium PCA on ingredient lists), polyglutamic acid, peptides, carrageenan, trehalose, urea, honey (though my skin has a love-hate relationship with honey), and more. 

My favorite hydrating serum is The Ordinary Buffet Anti-Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL . Since my skin's also quite reactive/inflammation-prone, I love products that hydrate and soothe redness, like COSRX Pure Fit Cica Serum and It's Skin Power 10 Formula Li Effector—though It's Skin might replace that product in the US with an updated-for-worse product soon. 😞 A couple other hydrating products I regularly use are Good Molecules Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Essence and the sadly discontinued e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. Between skincare routine steps, I use a hydrating mist to keep my skin from fully drying down: Timeless HA Matrixyl 3000 w/Cucumber Spray and COSRX Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner are my faves for that purpose. And if you like sheet masks, I highly recommend the Abib Mild Acidic pH Heartleaf Fit Mask and Honey Fit Mask

Effective moisturizers - my usual morning moisturizer is Vanicream Daily Facial Moisturizer. In warm weather, I can skip that product and rely on my sunscreen to also pull moisturizer duty, as long as the sunscreen contains at least one good moisturizing ingredient (dimethicone, shea butter, squalane, etc.). In cold weather, I always need a separate moisturizer under my sunscreen. In very cold weather, I apply a petrolatum-based balm—Aquaphor Ointment or CeraVe Healing Ointment—as the ultimate occlusive (moisture loss preventing) moisturizer and windburn protection. 

At night, I use a retinaldehyde cream that contains evening primrose oil. My skin likes an oil-free moisturizer over that, so I use Paula's Choice CLEAR Oil-Free Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL . 

@Mahvxkhn 

Here are my go to products for dry skin that I use everyday:

Origins frothy face wash and I add the Origins Ginzeng scrub 3 times a week, Fresh Rose Hydration Toner, SK II essence, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Leanne Grace Beauty oil for day and The ordinary Rose Hip Oil at night, Kiehls daily concentrate for day and midnight recovery concentrate at night, Drunk Elephant Vitamin C serum for day, J.One Firming serum, Tatcha overnight concentrate at night, Tatcha eye cream , Tatcha renewal cream at night and Fresh Rose Deep Hydration cream for day (I like to mix Coola SPF drops into the moisturizer for extra sun protection).  To seal in everything and to add more hydration I like adding Youth To the People Glow Oil.  I have had a lot of trial and error with my skin and all these products have helped my skin.

Cerave foaming cleanser for dry skin

Farmacy Mini Clearly Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 1.7 oz/ 50 mL - great to use before Cerave

Biossance Miracle Moisture Set  is great to try- I love the rose face oil 

Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Face Cream 3.04 oz/ 90 mL  is a really rich cream too

Caudalie Beauty Elixir Prep, Set, Glow Face Mist 3.3 oz/ 100 mL - spray throughout day- it can make eye makeup run so cover eyes

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing