Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Dry skin reccomendations

I need a tinted moisturizer and a concealer reccomendation because my skin is now super dry, also anything else you can think of

RE: Dry skin reccomendations

NARS Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is awesome.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Dry skin reccomendations

@natalieanndawso,

Concealer-wise, I'm a big fan of NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer.  Too Faced also makes a hydrating concealer that is nice, but I've found that the NARS concealer to work very well on my dry skin to cover up blemishes or discoloration.

As for tinted moisturizer, you might want to check out IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream or Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint.  Both offer a teensy bit more coverage than a tinted moisturizer.  I find both to be hydrating and moisturizing.  I found a better color match for my skintone with the IT Cosmetics CC Cream but both products are great!

For dry skin, I've found that layering hydrating products is very helpful with keeping my skin moisturized as well as helping my base products last longer.  For primers, I like Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Primer - it contains coconut water, which is known for its hydrating properties.  I also like to use a hydrating serum underneath my moisturizer.  My holy grail hydrating serum is Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel - it's pricey but worth it, in my opinion.  Other good (and less expensive) hydrating serums are First Aid Beauty Ultra Hydrating Serum, Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Serum or Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Dry skin reccomendations

Love Drunk Elephant products and the Hourglass skin tint is great - consistency-wise it's between a tinted moisturizer and a liquid foundation.  

RE: Dry skin reccomendations

The Dr Jart Black label detox beauty balm is my go to. It sits so nicely in my dry skin and feels great

It cosmetics Tinted cc crean is really nice and has spf 5...

It cosmetics Tinted cc crean is really nice and has spf 50. I would recommend a heavier mositurizer like the Cerave moisturizing cream-not lotion before you apply the cc cream. For concealer I use Maybeline Better Skin and set with Givenchy Prisme Libre loose powder. I use a setting spray afterwards like Smashbox Primer Water or MAC Fix+.
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing