Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Dry skin making foundation cakey

Hi! I have very dry skin and when I put in foundation/tinged moisturizer it tends to look very noticeable and dry. The products catch on the dry patches I have around my nose and cheeks. Does anyone have any suggestions to stop this from happening? Many thanks!

RE: Dry skin making foundation cakey

I like the Josie Maran vibrancy foundation because it doesn’t cake in dry patches. Start with well hydrated skin (Clinique moisture surge intense saved my skin but there are plenty of great options). I also find that the way you apply makes a huge difference. I usually apply by stippling my foundation on, then use a damp beauty blender to press foundation into my skin. Next blend on any cream products, then translucent powder, then powder products. Last use a setting spray to get rid of any powderiness. The tatcha spray mentioned above is nice or I like the illuminating setting spray from cover FX, but it gives a very glowy finish.

Re: Dry skin making foundation cakey

t could be that you're using the wrong foundation/BB cream. I recommend using the following products to combat this issue as I too have dry skin.

TOO FACED - Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 
DIOR - Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation

And if you feel your skin getting dry or tight throughout the day, TATCHA - Luminous Dewy Skin Mist is a great product to plump up your skin.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing