Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Dry skin cleanser suggestion? tried various ones.

Hey guys,

I've tried multiple hydrating cleansers, including cerave, farmacy honey, fresh soy and their cucumber one. 
my issue is- anytime I wash my face, even with plain water - the skin becomes so tight that I have to apply moisturizer asap.

i and currently   using glow recipe toner, their HA serum, and the moisturizer - and love them so far, soon as applying my face feels well hydrated and stays moisturized for rest of the day. 
overall though the issue remains same - dry skin after washing. 
Any suggestions for cleanser? Or anything else that can actually get rid of this issue. I feel like my skin never had this issue until couple years back... 

Re: Dry skin cleanser suggestion? tried various ones.

I like the cleanser from milk. It comes out in a cream consistency that helps me stay hydrated. I wasn't planning to be super impressed with their skincare, but now it's my top choice and I have been through a couple of bottles.

Maybe grab a sample next time you are in store and see if the consistency will work for you!

Re: Dry skin cleanser suggestion? tried various ones.

Hi @Sindhus ! Which CeraVe cleanser have you tried? They make a few different ones. I use the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar on my face and body in the shower each night, and I have mostly-dry combo skin. I've also used CeraVe's new Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser on my face and enjoyed it, though I prefer using it as a hand wash in my bathrooms: my hands are quite dry and this cleanser doesn't leave them feeling stripped. 

Do you wash your face twice a day? If yes, consider skipping the AM wash a few times a week if you can. I often just gently wipe my face in the morning with a wet plush microfiber cloth, but you can also just rinse with water. If I do need cleanser in the morning, I use a very gentle non-lathering option: either Paula's Choice Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser, Paula's Choice Omega + Complex Cleansing Balm 3.5 oz/ 104 mL , or The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL . 

Also: it's okay to apply moisturizer ASAP after washing your face. It's always best to apply moisturizer to damp skin anyway, to seal in hydration instead of dryness. You can apply skincare products over moisturizer (once it's settled into your skin) and they'll probably still work. I know it sounds counterintuitive, but some dermatologists recommend that method to folks with sensitive skin: moisturizer can buffer the side effects of some active ingredients like vitamin A (the retinoid family, including retinol and tretinoin), vitamin C, glycolic acid, etc. 

One more consideration: do you have hard water? That can make your skin feel uncomfortably dry. You might wanna consider a water filter, if you can install one where you live. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing