cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Dry Textured Under eye!

513FDC3D-F511-4E5B-ACA2-7CFBC68DE559.jpeg

Let me start off by saying I’m 29 years old and I have been dealing with this issue for years. It is my biggest insecurity. 

My under eye looks dry and textured regardless of what makeup or skincare. I have tried just about everything including techniques 

I bake. Yes, I know, not good for dry skin. But if I don’t, my concealer will move around. Even with a light dusting of powder. 

Currently, I use the shiseido benefiance eye cream. Let that set in and follow up with either kopari starry eye balm or smashbox hydrating eye primer. I bake with Laura mercier or rcma translucent powder. Dust off. Use rose water setting spray. Then spray a damp sponge and bounce around the eye. 

I will attach pictures in the comments to sow you what I’m left with. 

Re: Dry Textured Under eye!

i used to have dried under eyes, i find that putting petroleum jelly/vaseline under my eyes before bed helps. when i wake up it is much more moisturized. i try to put just a little you don’t need much just a thin layer. 

Hi @toddcb30 ! Other than the texture, what's your primary reason for concealer? I'm asking this because you could possibly try switching to a less full coverage concealer (which tend to be more drying).

Also, are you setting your makeup with a setting spray? I have dry skin as well and liberally use that instead of powder, which seems to help. I don't use traditional setting powder, especially under my eyes. I use the middle shade in the Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Palette to set my under eyes. It's a light powder but adds brightness and is just enough to keep the concealer underneath in place. 

Hi! Thanks for your advice. I do use a setting spray. I wear concealer because I have quite a bit of darkness and bags I like to cover up. I might give the hourglass a try 🙂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • 513FDC3D-F511-4E5B-ACA2-7CFBC68DE559.jpeg
testing