Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Dry Skin

Dry Skin (body)

I have extremely dry skin (arms and especially legs).  I have used tons of lotions and body oils but my skin seems to soak it up.  I am beginning to look scaly. Can anyone offer me some advice on how to get my skin smooth and moisturized?  Thanks ladies!

Are you exfoliating?  Using a body scrub or even just buf...

Are you exfoliating?  Using a body scrub or even just buffing your skin with a loofah or bath brush 2-3x a week will remove any dry, flaky skin and allow moisturizers to penetrate what's underneath. 

I suggest looking a L'Occitane's moisturizers and bath products.  They have an amazing shower oil and shea butter creams that should really help.  I absolutely love all of their bath products that I have I tried!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=L'Occitane&categoryId=C580

Re: Are you exfoliating?  Using a body scrub or even just buf...

You can also make your own - olive oil, some sugar and essential oil (or grated citrus peel) works great and is cheap.
Grapeseed oil (the kind you also use to cook with) mixed with a few drops of essential oil (I add dried rose petals) in a restaurant vinegar and oil bottle is absolutely amazing as a moisturizer. Soaks right in and leaves you baby soft.

Re: Are you exfoliating?  Using a body scrub or even just buf...

Thanks so much ladies! Everyone gave great advice. I'm gonna try them all, I don't exfoliate but I'm going to start. I'm gonna try making the olive oil and sugar mixture and use body butter. I'm also going to purchase the KP thing. You ladies are great!

Hi exoticbeauty1. Here are two products that will get you...

Hi exoticbeauty1. Here are two products that will get your skin soft and smooth just in time for the start of summer! Smiley Wink

Dermadoctor KP Duty Body Scrub - http://bit.ly/99PZWd

Medical-quality exfoliation requires more than scrubbing. Dry skin, flaky patches, and "chicken skin" bumps are held together by bonds that physical exfoliation alone can't break. KP Duty body scrub delivers serious medi-exfoliation for deeper, more thorough results. This dual-action chemical and physical exfoliator blends the best of a chemical peel and microdermabrasion into a single, easy-to-use treatment. Smooth, non-abrasive, synthetic beads lift away dead skin cells.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - http://bit.ly/bVFH1e

This cream is for anyone, but not limited to, with severely dry, scaly skin due to harsh winter weather, aggressive cosmetic treatments, or any of the following conditions: atopic dermatitis, irritant eczema, allergic eczema, and keratosis pilaris.

I hope this helps! 

What you can do is try to make an olive oil and sugar scr...

What you can do is try to make an olive oil and sugar scrub. Make sure there's more sugar than olive oil though in proportion and just scrub away when you shower. After rinsing with water and towel drying, use some sort of body butter and massage it well. For reference I use Yes to Carrots Body Butter, but you can use anything. There's a lot of body butters from Bath & Body Works and The Body Shop. I hope this helps and good luck!

Exfoliating is a must! Fresh makes a yummy-scented brown...

Exfoliating is a must! Fresh makes a yummy-scented brown sugar body scrub if you are willing to pay a little extra. My sworn-by scaly skin saver is the Maximum moisture body lotion by Bliss. I reccomend the vanilla and bergamont scent. This lotion saved my parched elbows in time for beach season

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
  • dermadoctor.jpg
  • derm.jpg