Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Dry Skin around nose area

Lately I've been thinking I need to try a new foundation and/or concealer. My skin is pretty normal except for my nose area. I've tried multiple foundations (too faced peach perfect, Fenty, MUFE Ultra HD, even just Tarte tinted moisturizer) and they always end up dry and cakey on/around my nose. I have obviously realized not to go with a matte which is why I tried tarte and MUFE but it's still happening. I was using shape tape and have since switched back to Nars concealer. I also can safely say that my moisturizer/skin care routine is not to blame - I take my skin care very seriously but if anyone has any recommendations for that it may be helpful as well.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer MadeleineToo Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation – Peaches and Cream Collection SnowFENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation 120MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation Y235 - Ivory Beigetarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen Light-MediumDRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped CreamDrunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLDrunk Elephant Virgin Marula Antioxidant Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mLOLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum® Mini 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

Re: Dry Skin around nose area

@BuzzkillJill You can try adding beauty oil into your foundation or using NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 St. Moritz

Re: Dry Skin around nose area

@BuzzkillJill  In the winter when my nose gets dry and chapped from blowing on tissue too much, I like to exfoliate my face weekly with KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment to get rid of all the dry, dead skin and at night I like to put Vaseline around my nose to help heal the skin and keep it moisturized.

As for makeup, I would focus on a good primer  like Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g help smooth out the dry areas and focus on using a moisturizing foundation like tarte SEA Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 42N tan neutral

RE: Re: Dry Skin around nose area

Thank you so much! I haven’t tried any of those products so I will definitely give them a try!
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors