Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Dry Skin Pores

So… my skin is really weird. It's so dry that it produces excess oils - so I have these huge pores on my nose and cheeks. Any suggestions welcome 🙏

Re: Dry Skin Pores

@MaryamAfg One can't really reduce the size of pores, but they can appear smaller if you exfoliate.  Since your skin is also dry, you may have to take is extra slow so as not to exacerbate the dryness.  You have two options.  One is chemical exfoliation.  If you are suffering from blackheads/clogged pores, then BHA would be a good choice.  I like Paula's Choice brand hands-down.  If you skin is more aging to sun damaged them you can use AHA.  You can also consider mechanical exfoliation.  Neutrogena makes some gentle ones.  My favorite, though, is Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash which is gritty.  Also, oil-blotting sheets can help control oil so you get less clogged pores; Target makes good inexpensive ones.  You can also consider asking your dermatologist if you are appropriate for Retin-A for better cellular turn over; you'd have to take that very slow if your skin is naturally dry.  Good luck!

RE: Re: Dry Skin Pores

Thanks so much for all that info!! I was told a few days ago to look into something called`bha' and now I definitely will--- amazing thanks again☺️
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing