Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Dry Skin

Does it matter if you use skincare products from different brands?

Hi emma111. Sometimes products are designed to work toget...

Hi emma111. Sometimes products are designed to work together depending on the brand.  I've personally found that it doesn't matter but that could be dependent on what products you're searching for.  From experience some of my favorite brands don't always carry products that suit my every need so I have to look elsewhere.  Are there any brands or products you had a particular question about? 

I hope I answered your question! Smiley Wink

I don't think it matters even though a Sephora associate...

I don't think it matters even though a Sephora associate did tell me otherwise. I just think it depends on the product. Sometimes a cleanser may not work with moisturizer of a different brand because of the season or environment. You may not know unless you've used a certain product for a few years to determine that. I hope this helps and trust your instincts with every product you use!

Some companies produce a skincare line where the products...

Some companies produce a skincare line where the products are designed to work together, but for example, if you have a favorite cleanser from one line and a favorite moisturizer from another, I'd say go ahead. Personally, my routine is a mix of products from about 3 lines because some companies have the best product for one task, but their other products don't agree with my oily skin.

It doesnt matter at all. Companies are going to try to pe...

It doesnt matter at all. Companies are going to try to persuade you otherwise because they want you to use their whole skincare line, thinking only of themselves. I've been trying out different companies for years and have yet to find one company that makes a holy grail item for everything. I mix things up, and see great results. Smiley Very Happy

I prefer to use items from the same line because as other...

I prefer to use items from the same line because as others as mentioned, they are usually created to work together and the ingredients of each product complement the others.  Right now I am using products from the Perricone line and am having success. 

Re: I prefer to use items from the same line because as other...

use what works for you. if you have a cleanser you love and your skin loves use it! if the toner from the same line doesn't seem to do it for you switch to another one. listen to your skin, it will thank you!

Re: I prefer to use items from the same line because as other...

That goes without saying, but for someone who isn't quite sure, it is probably easier to go with one line initally and see how that goes.

Nope! You can mix and match as you please. Everyone's ski...

Nope! You can mix and match as you please. Everyone's skin is different and you should cater your skin care products to your specific skin needs. Smiley Happy 

xoxo

Kristie

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors