Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Concealer

Hey guys! Can anyone recommend a good concealer for dry and fair skin? Iโ€™ve had the Tarte shape tape for a while, but iโ€™m not really loving how itโ€™s looking recently and while iโ€™m trying experiments to see how i can make it more moisturizing i havenโ€™t perfected it yet. I need a concealer for a vacation i have coming up. Thank you!

Concealer

the maracuja concealer from tarte is amazing!

Concealer

i have dry skin as well but what i did do was start using Argan oil on my face instead of a regular moisturizer , i live in fl so it helps sweat less outside but i use that under my eyes also , i don't put foundation undereye just concealer and i use the same one or Nars or Makeup Forver , ill put it on with my finger to warm it up and press it in , but the oil is the best for dry skin i use Josie Maran Argan oil , and set with little power and def use a dewy setting spray under my eyes at end so they don't look dry .

Re: Concealer

I've temporarily set aside my shape tape for the same reason!  I've weirdly been loving the Loreal ProGlow concealer.  I set it with the new Hourglass powder, and my skin looks so natural and fresh.  It's sooo hydrating.

Diorskin is amazing for giving high coverage without drying out the undereyes. Have you tried using an undereye primer? I picked up the BECCA Anti Fatigue Undereye Primer and I can now use concealers that used to make my eyes look like sandpaper. If you like the coverage shape tape gives you, maybe adding a good base into the mix will let you continue to use it without having the same drying effect!

Hi, i gave up on my Shape Tape and returned it to Ulta. I ordered Kevyn Aucoins Sensual Skin Enhancer which is a beautiful concealer.  My dry skin LOVES it.  You only need about the size of a pinhead amount for concealing under each eye. I've also heard people use this as their Foundation also needing a super small amount. It's kind of spendy but to me it's well worth it to find my new HG concealer. Good luck!

I've been loving the Laura Mercier one @cristal07 - It's really creamy and has good coverage! It's not as thick as the tarte one but provides fuller coverage than the Nars one. 

https://www.sephora.com/product/flawless-fusion-ultra-longwear-concealer-P429050?skuId=2044501&icid2...

RE: Re: Concealer

Thank you!

I totally agree @Kim888, itโ€™s my favorite concealer! Very comfortable, long lasting and full coverage. 

RE: Concealer

I use the Nars creamy radiant concealer and i love it!! It doesnโ€™t crease or dry out my face. Itโ€™s light weight but full coverage at the same time!!

i agree this one is great ๐Ÿ‘Œ

i agree this one is great ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Thank you!

I have the same issue with Tarte shape tape... too drying and a tad heavy looking for me. I love the Estรฉe Lauder doublewear concealer. I havenโ€™t worn anything else since the day I purchased! (I have a large collection so thatโ€™s saying a lot!)

Thank you!

Hi Beauty! @cristal07

I know it can be super hard to find a moisturizing concealer that still gives you good coverage!

Have you tried BECCA's Aqua Luminous Perfecting Concealer? It works great on dry skin. 

This concealer is formulated with 32% water and contains flexible pigments that will give you great coverage. You'll love the added moisture that it gives your skin!

Good luck with your search and I hope you decide to give it a try! 

https://www.sephora.com/product/aqua-luminous-perfecting-concealer-P411611

@beccacosmetics Would you say this concealer is medium or full coverage? Iโ€™m also curious about creasing, does it sit smoothly under the eye?

Hi beauty! @bakeamuffin

Our Aqua Luminous Perfecting Concealer is light-to-medium coverage but it's very buildable. The coverage is enough to cover dark circles, hide blemishes, and conceal hyperpigmentation. It also blends really smoothly so you won't have to worry too much about creasing.

Hope this helps! 

xoxo

Thanks so much @beccacosmetics ๐Ÿ˜„

Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 27 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing