Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Concealer for sensitive/dry skin

So i have sensitive and dry skin and i’ve tried a lot of different concealers but none have seemed to work. They leave my under eyes super dry to the point it causes irritation bumps. I’m also looking for something long lasting and full coverage. Maybe something in the affordable range but any recommendations would be appreciated! I’ve just gotten into makeup and i don’t really know much brands that have the best makeup for my skin.

Re: Concealer for sensitive/dry skin

@lanae76282822 For concealer, I’ve been using SEPHORA COLLECTION Bright Future Gel Serum Under Eye Concealer. Coverage is more on the medium side but it makes up for that by not being irritating. I have dry, sensitive skin and this doesn’t bother me. 

Re: Concealer for sensitive/dry skin

Hi, I have first hand repeat experience with products that cause the irritation bumps too. I would recommend just checking that you have no sensitivity to certain ingredients that can dry out your skin even further through the day or even in wash off products. I found my skin hates bentonite in anything at all, and certain cleansers are very hit and miss for me as they dry out my skin more often than not.

I love the First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Bendy Avocado Concealer Flax and enjoyed the formula of the #beauty blender concealer but I think both are discontinued now(?)
The NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is what I swatched in store and have in my loves list ready to order the moment I need to get a new concealer - really light feeling but give the coverage without looking heavy and emphasizing dryness, and I have a test sample to use for multiple days to check it is as good as I thought it felt in store.
I've now tried the Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer - it is a very nice formula that I also tried out to use all over the face to see if it emphasized texture too much or was something that looked patchy. This is a very nice looking and feeling formula and I understand the popularity it's had for a long time.
I was enjoying the Juvia's place concealer, but had to put that on hold as I am determining if all of their liquid formula few items have a common ingredient I am allergic to.
I will be trying out a Too Faced concealer sample over the next week, so I can update here when I do that.
I have my eye on The Kulfi Main Match Crease-Proof Long-Wear Hydrating Concealer Rose Rush as well as the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Under Eye Brightener Medium Tan  as I am moving away from heavy concealer and trying to just brighten on top of my foundation/ tinted SPFs as I have the hereditary eye bags that end up being emphasized when I go a bit heavy handed with concealer.
I actually tried Urban Decay Quickie 24HR Full-Coverage Waterproof Concealer 40WO and personally do not like it at all, the only think I can say is at least it doesn't make my skin angry, but it was an expensive mistake for me, I have seen reviews from oilier skinned makeup artists loving this, so it makes sense to me why this just doesn't work on my dry skin elegantly at all. Plus the shade range is disappointing, nothing in my shade like the stay naked foundations or the color correcting concealer I should have gotten instead.

Foundation wise, I have found that the Urban Decay Stay Naked Weightless Foundation 80WR is so nice on the skin, it settles perfectly, great shade range, and is on sale on the UD website a couple of times a year as well. I love every eyeliner pencil, eyeshadow palette and lipstick I have picked up by them too. Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation was the first one I tried and liked instantly when I was getting used to doing makeup. So maybe turn to these brands to try out samples from to see if they agree with your skin. Both these formulas are medium coverage but they are super nice on the skin and even when I was suffering from skin issues due to a yet to be diagnosed allergy, these foundations were kind to my skin and have had no problems trying their other products on my skin either.
I have a couple of foundations I am trying out now, and can update here on those in a week or so. I just finished trying the Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation and it is amazing like the reviews say and it's definitely more towards full coverage when you use the recommended amount to get the SPF coverage. They have an SOS skincare range that has a spray that you can use throughout the day on top of makeup to help calm your skin too, and this helps me out a lot. Tower 28 Beauty Mini SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray 1 oz/ 30 mL 
I love Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter - they are so pigmented that the original release palette is what I use for eyeshadow as well for truly punchy glittery metallic looks, and the original foundation (I forgot the name after 6 years) was a perfect match for me. I also use lipstick I got before the revamp of the brand as eyeliner and get compliments every time. And again, no matter the condition of my skin, everything treats my skin well.

A brand I am genuinely shocked by is Lancome - I fell in love with their eyeliners and mascaras Lancôme Be An Idole Mascara, Mascara Primer, and Eyeliner Set #Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara Set I picked up just on a whim when it was on sale. Truly beautiful formulas that are easy to work with whether you want natural or more noticeable makeup. Clinique is kind on the skin but I would say more towards the no makeup makeup.
The SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Makeup Setting Spray 2.7 oz/ 80 mL is a ride or die for me as well - ginseng is good for the skin so I appreciate how this is a nice slightly matte setting spray that does the job.

I hope someone comments to let you know if they can vouch for any of the ones I mentioned that I haven't tried yet. Have fun on your makeup discovery journey, and you'll see you will be surprised where your personal style takes you - I used to rely on full coverage concealers and hated lipstick for looking too creamy, but have now moved to liking to have a light-medium foundation/ tinted SPF and then be more experimental with other makeup details and love dark matte liquid lipsticks. : )

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing