cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Combo/dry skin help

Ok guys,

long time lurker, first time poster. I need help, bad. I’ve always had oily skin growing up with acne, but since the pandemic (and turning 30) my oil well has dried up, leaving just a slick on my nose. I’m now firmly combo trending toward Sahara dry on my cheeks and forehead. I’m also now dealing with the dreaded cystic mask acne.

I can’t for the life of me find a foundation make up/ skin care routine that works for me. Did I mention I’m sensitive??! Arg! I used to lurv the KVD lock it back when I was generally oily, for foundation and I used to use Clinique for my skin care but nothing is cutting it anymore. My Sephora previously purchased list is a list of sporadic “please for the love of god” works. I tried MUFE stick, and loved the colour match, but it’s smells like fish. The I tried the HD liquid, but it doesn’t give any coverage. Other brands: Charlotte tilbury (fragrance caused allergic reaction), hour glass (so dry, so Cakey), I’ve tried switching primers, drunk elephant skin care (so much burning 🥵). 

so I’m placing my face in your hands, what is your go to foundation that isn’t drying or cakey? And what do you recommend for painful cystic mask acne? I’m so tired of getting hopeful that something will work and it doesn’t. I’m also slowly going poor trying to desperately get that perfect skin look.  😔

I will add, my mom gave me 0 skin care skills. I grew up largely poor, so skin care was ivory soap and make up wasn’t a thing. So I have 0 idea as to what the hell I am doing. I’ve been trying to navigate YouTube, but it’s getting overwhelming and not directed specifically to my questions.

thanks!!

Re: Combo/dry skin help

@Kayko37  For foundation I recommend tarte babassu foundcealer™ skincare foundation. It has good coverage and doesn’t look dry and cakey to me. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL has helped me a lot with mask acne.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing