Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Dry Skin

Cleanser starting to burn

I have been using Cetaphil cleanser for over a month with no problem, however, now when I put it on my skin, it starts to burn. So I am thinking about switching to something more simpler. I was looking at the Koh De Gen cleansing water, or any suggestions you guys have!

Re: Cleanser starting to burn

I know.  Whenever I read her reviews you can tell she's kind of cheap because she hates on everything, even things I think are amazing. 

missey1973 I too would be interested in what your dermatologist has to say.

I will post back on here Wednesday after I have my appointment and pass on everything the Dr. tells me.  I have stopped using the Cetaphil and my clarisonic but now it seems not matter what I try it seems to burn. I think my face needs to heal.

I had this problem and my derm told me to use CeraVe hydrating cleanser. The ceramides are suppose to help the skin repair itself and for taking off my make-up I use Bioderma  Crealine.  Hope this helps.

Okay ladies I went to my derm Wednesday and really didnt get a lot out of it. When I asked about the Cetaphil issue I was having she just told me that our body chemistries change. She says that can affect how we react to certain products. Her advice was not to use it if it bothers me. She gave me a perscription for Oracea and Mirvaso. I have never used either of these products before.

Did she diagnose you with Rosacea? 

Highlighted

Well thanks for the update! I have heard they have changed ingredients in Cetaphil over the year, so I do not know if that makes a difference. And I never heard of those products either.

I hate to say it but, your doc is right about changing skin chemistry being a possible cause when we suddenly start to have a problem with our old tried & true, beloved skincare products, as annoying as that may be. I know how you feel though, sometimes you don't feel you're getting the complete answer that you're looking for and maybe feel like they're just phoning it in. The Dermatologist is expensive and it's hard when we don't feel we've gotten our moneys worth. Do you think you'll try the products she recommended? I've heard of Oracea, is that for Rosacea?

Hope you can find something that you really love and that it doesn't cost a small fortune. Smiley Happy

Interesting! I used to use the Cetaphil gentle cleanser, and i never had a problem, but I'm not fully satisfied with it. Now, I'm alternating between the Caudalie Instant Foaming cleanser and the Fresh Soy cleanser, and I have to say, they work beautifully Smiley Happy The Fresh one is more gentle but still cleanse very well

I guess I will have to indulge in the Fresh Soy Face cleanser, I was just weary because of the mixed reviews on Sephora and Makeupalley. 

Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 39 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos1
  • image.jpg