Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Can you recomend a good daily cleanser for dry skin?

Re: Can you recomend a good daily cleanser for dry skin?

@Cindy113  I have mostly-dry combo skin (the area on and around my nose is oily). My nightly face and body wash is the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, which is the bar version of the liquid CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser. I prefer the bar mostly because I'm constantly trying to reduce packaging waste, plus I can very easily cut off a small chunk of the bar for travel purposes (and it won't count against my TSA liquids limit). It cleans my skin without irritation or that horrible dry/stripped/"squeaky clean" feeling. You can also check out gentle cleansers made by Cetaphil and Vanicream that are available at your local drugstore. 

In the morning, I sometimes skip cleanser and just gently wipe my face with a wet plush microfiber cloth. I find that regularly washing AM and PM can be too much for my skin to handle. If I do need cleanser in the morning, I use something super gentle and non-lathering: usually Paula's Choice Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser, but sometimes The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL or Paula's Choice Omega + Complex Cleansing Balm 3.5 oz/ 104 mL . And I might not even wash my whole face with those cleansers in the AM; I just apply them where I need them, like around my eyes. A quick swipe of micellar water is another possible option. 

@Cindy113 I have dry skin and use Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash 8.5 oz/ 250 mL 

@Cindy113 I think you would really enjoy and find benefit from the KORRES Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser it's a milky-gel-cream consistency and lathers well without stripping the skin. My skin loves this stuff (I have combination skin that can get super dry or super oily depending on the season, environment, etc.) but I especially love this on drier days. 🙂

@Cindy113 Have you tried CeraVe's Hydrating Cleanser?

@greeneyedgirl107 I've heard great things (from trusted sources) about this product, but haven't had the opportunity to try it out myself.

@QueenMarceline It's very gentle.  It almost feels like a cream.  I use it when my skin is feeling irritated.  Or, I might cut my usual cleanser (FAB) with it.  

I made the mistake of buying the big value size, though.  I found that using this everyday wasn't cutting it for my skin, which runs oily.  I can only image how long it'll last!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing