Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Best moisturizer for dry skin?!

I've tried so many moisturizers and none do the trick, I'm looking for a super super hydrating face cream! Please no suggestions for first aid beauty as most products from that brand break me out like no other! (:

RE: Best moisturizer for dry skin?!

Josie Moran pure argon milk intensive hydrating treatment and the whipped Argan oil face butter. It is amazing!!!! Also I suggest you get the Peter Thomas Roth peeling gel! It really helped me with my dry skin!

I second the Josie Maran’s Argan milk and face butter moisturizer. These two products are super hydrating and do not break me out (I have combination and acne-prone skin). I also use the JM Argan reserve oil at night and alternate between that and The Ordinary’s rose hip oil. This provides an extra layer of moisture. I have also been using The Ordinary’s moisturizer plus HA, which is really inexpensive yet incredibly effective at hydrating your skin. I like it better than some of my high-end brands. And you may want to try using a moisturizing night mask a couple of times a week, such as the Laneige moisturizing night mask or the Sephora ones. Lancer makes an amazing moisturizing night mask but it is really pricey. If you don’t mind splurging, it is totally worth it.

Re: Best moisturizer for dry skin?!

I swear by the CeraVe moisturizing lotion and CeraVe hydrating facial cleanser! My skin is very dry and this combo every day in the morning and before bed keeps my skin healthy and hydrated all day without getting oily.

Anonymous Insider

@Arod365Belif Moisturizing Bomb is a great moisturizer for dry skin. It has a light gel-cream like consistency, absorbs easily and is hydrating.  If you have very dry skin I agree with @xamalia's recommendation - Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream is fantastic and layering a hydrating serum (especially one containing hyaluronic acid) is a fabulous way to hydrate your skin and retain moisture.

https://www.sephora.com/product/the-true-cream-moisturizing-bomb-P394624?skuId=1686419&icid2=product...

https://www.sephora.com/product/ceramidin-cream-P382354?skuId=1564715&icid2=products%20grid:p382354

i love both of those products!

The Ordinary’s Hyaluronic Acid Serum + sealed with Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream should be a power duo imo. I use the first everyday, the second only on super dry days for my combo skin.

Re: RE: Best moisturizer for dry skin?!

Thank you.  I will try this,  Make perfect sense. Thanks and Smooches

@xamaliawrote:
The Ordinary’s Hyaluronic Acid Serum + sealed with Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream should be a power duo imo. I use the first everyday, the second only on super dry days for my combo skin.

@xamaliawrote:

have you considered layering oil and moisturizer? you mig...

have you considered layering oil and moisturizer? you might be able to get use out of what you already own this way! DE marula, Tarte maracuja, Josie Maran argan oil..the list goes on and on. some apply oil first, some after. there's no specific, it's just about finding the method and combo that works for you

son&park.jpg

I have used the REN products (the trio) and I recently purchased the Son & Park beauty water and this stuff is amazing! I have really sensitive and dry skin, and hands down I would recommend the beauty water over REN. My face feels refreshed, smooth, and hydrated. The citrus smell is a plus 🙂

Its not sold at sephora but the eminence calm chamomile moisturizer changed my skin. Mix it with a tiny bit of water!

Try the ren evercalm global protection day cream! I have sensitive dry skin and this is really hydrating.

Re: RE: Best moisturizer for dry skin?!

I second the Ren Evercalm!  I have dry, eczema prone skin and it has been wonderful this winter.  Very rich, but not overly greasy either.

@Arod365 Hi there! I have combination skin with dry patches that need intense moisture. The product I’ve had the most success with is Urban Decay’s Hot Springs Moisturizing Gel. I use it as a night cream most nights and wake up with bright, hydrated, healthy skin every morning. I’m very prone to acne and rosacea and it has never caused any breakouts for me. In fact, it helped clear up my rosacea. It’s an excellent product, in my opinion. 74A762DD-0BFE-436D-BA76-C0EF7ECB9A08.jpeg

Hi there! Dry skin can be tricky to treat because you need the moisture but don’t always want the heavy feel of a rich cream ( and sometimes that heavy cream can even cause breakouts). Clinique makes a long time best selling moisturizer called Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator that may do the trick for you. It’s a rich cream gel that is still very lightweight and oil free. It’s also non-Acnegenic, which means it’s been tested on humans to see if it will cause or contribute to acne breakouts. Moisture Surge Intense works instantly to provide constant hydration for 24 hours as well as overtime by repairing the moisture barrier. 0C300403-B09F-4198-A1DD-3F24E6389B1F.jpeg

I second the suggestion of Clinique moisture surge intense @Arod365 My husband has super dry skin and the only two moisturizers that work for him during terrible Canadian winter are FAB ultra repair I tense hydration and Clinique moisture surge intense. 

Since FAB doesn’t work for you so I think you should check out this Clinique cream.

Anonymous Insider

I like Drunk Elephant's Marula Oil and Lala Cream.  You can use together or separate.  Both soak into the sink really well and last all day.  Josie Moran's face butter is also nice - soaks in well.  Occasionally during the day if I feel super dry because of poor air circulation in my office I will put on Eucerin Baby Cream on my face.  It's fragrance free, paraben free and free of drying alcohols.  

I love Fresh Rose Hydration cream on top of face oil for my dry skin

I second this, the Fresh Rose Hydration cream works wonders on dry skin!

My cousin works in the skincare section of Sephora and sh...

My cousin works in the skincare section of Sephora and she gave me samples of the Laneige Water Bank moisturizer, and after 3 uses I'malready in love! It doesn't make me greasy at all, my skin feels so softand my dry patches are starting to minimize. It's also pretty affordable compared to a lot of Sephora skincare products!

Yes, also Belief is a good brand too. both are Korean bra...

Yes, also Belief is a good brand too. both are Korean brands. leave your face soft like a baby's butt! I have dry skin (worst in the minnesota winter)and i have bought so many moisturizers... these babies have done the job for my dry skin.
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • 0C300403-B09F-4198-A1DD-3F24E6389B1F.jpeg
  • 74A762DD-0BFE-436D-BA76-C0EF7ECB9A08.jpeg
  • son&park.jpg
testing