From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Best clean/vegan skincare products for those with dry skin?

So my skin leads more towards the dry side and the exfoliator I used to use has been discontinued. Does anyone have any recommendations for exfoliators, masks or anything other products to help clean/brighten my dry skin? Preferably products that are either clean or vegan or both.

Re: Best clean/vegan skincare products for those with dry skin?

@HayleyCM I have dry skin and live in a dry climate, so I have definitely struggled with keeping my skin hydrated. These are some of the brands and products that I have really enjoyed and will hopefully help you! 

• Youth to the People (YTTP) - This brand promotes itself as vegan, clean, and sustainable. I have used their Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m.... This product has hyaluronic acid to help with hydration, it is also very light-weight and a good everyday moisturizer. If you need something a little more hydrating try the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml. This is my favorite night time moisturizer and I find myself always coming back to it. It also has hyaluronic acid to help with hydration, but in addition, it has Vitamin C and Squalene. 
  • The Inkey List - This brand promotes itself as cruelty-free (it's not vegan since some of their products use beeswax), carbon neutral, and is identified as a "clean" brand by Sephora. Its products are also reasonably priced. I use their The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL, as a first step to my double cleanse, and it always leaves my skin hydrated.
  • The Ordinary - This brand does not promote itself as a "clean" or sustainable, but they are vegan and they are taking steps to be more sustainable. They also have very reasonable prices, and they have one of my favorite exfoliants, the The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL. When using this you look like a vampire, but the results are amazing. I definitely recommend following their instructions though because this has powerful ingredients which can irritate the skin. 
  • Supergoop! - This is a brand all about sunscreen and they identify themselves as cruelty-free (not vegan since their sunscreen sticks use beeswax), clean, and reef-safe. I would recommend #Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. This product has ingredients to help with hydrating and it leaves the skin looking dewy after you apply. 

Hope this helps, good luck! 😊

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing