Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Best brand for ultra hydration

With winter coming, I need to increase the moisture level in my skincare. I have normal, dry and sometimes dry flaky patches. I’m debating between products from belief, Laneige, and Peter Thomas Roth.

Re: Best brand for ultra hydration

I LOVE belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb. Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin cream is also very, very good. It really locks in moisture and makes a protective barrier. Whereas I'd say Belif really absorbs well if you rub it in well. 

belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb 0.84 oz/ 25 mL  Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Cream 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

I swear by the Belief True cream moisture bomb in the winter! It's both Hydrating and moisturizing.(I add a face oil to it for added protection again the cold, dry, Chicago air). I've tried their aqua bomb toner but the Denatured Alcohol turned me off- didn't work bad, just didn't want to risk it. I've ordered the laniege toner/moisturizer after hearing great things about it for dry skin. If you live in a dry climate try to lean more towards products with ceramides vs. hyaluronic acid since HA can actually steal water from your skin if there's none in the air. Good luck! 

@pirouette84 whats your current routine and what product type are you looking to bring into the mix?

Funny, all those kits I have in my checkout bag! I’m just trying to narrow down which one is best for winter. I use the dark spot toner every other night. I also use the  Peter Thomas Roth 8% Glycolic Solutions Toner 

Liking to get day and night moisturizers, mask, oil, eye cream, toner, basically the works. My current skincare is non existent. I use facial cloths, OLEHENRIKSEN Glow2OH 7% AHA Exfoliating Dark Spot Toner 2.2 oz/ 65 mL, Supergoop! 100% Mineral Zincscreen Lotion SPF 40 1.7 oz/ 50 mL First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration 2 oz/ 56.7 g . That’s about it

@pirouette84 Gotcha! I love that you are already using sunscreen! Are you using the Dark Spot Toner nightly? That might be creating some of the dry flaky patches and would be a sign of over-exfoliation.

I know you're looking for a complete overhaul but you generally want to introduce products slowly in case there is any irritation that you know what has caused it. I would do the following

• ditch the facial wipes and get a hydrating cleanser (i.e. Cerave Hydrating Cleanser)
  • add a hydrating toner to alternate on days with your dark spot toner (i.e. LANEIGE Mini Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL)

Atlernatively based on the brands you are looking at I'd grab a gift set just to try our products in a mini size - skincare is REALLY personal so what works for one person might not work for you. Then you can supplement one off products as well to round it out but still you want to add the new products in one at a time! 

• belif Aqua Hydration Rescue Kit: has a cleanser, hydrating toner, moisturizer, sleep mask (aka night moisturizer) and eye cream
  • Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench® Full-Size Hydration Haul 3-Piece Kit : I'd use the moisturizer in the AM and probably keep your FAB as the night cream, this has a eye cream and then a hydrating serum. I'd still recommend another cleanser in this case. 
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing