Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Best Primers for Dry Skin

Thoughts on best make up primers for dry skin? Thanks!

Re: Best Primers for Dry Skin

Hi @ratedcee,

I recommend looking into a hydrating primer and staying away from matte primers, as they will dry out your skin. I like the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold because it has four nourishing oils so it will hydrate your skin and give it a nice glow. I've also recently tried the Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL. It's a hydrating primer that also helps minimize the look of pores. It goes on the skin like a light moisturizer and helps increase the longevity of your makeup. I hope this helps!

RE: Best Primers for Dry Skin

Has anyone tried Rihanna’s?

Re: RE: Best Primers for Dry Skin

@ratedcee I tried Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Primer 1.08 oz/ 32 mLBut have not tried the hydrating one yet. 

@ratedcee, my skin is dehydrated year round and gets more dry in the winter. Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40 mL works well for me most of the year but when my skin is really dry, HOURGLASS - N° 28 Primer Serum Mini does the job for prepping my skin for foundation while nourishing and moisturizing my skin. It does contain a lot of essential oils so if you’re sensitive to that, you’ll want to check out the ingredients first.

Hi @ratedcee - I personally really love Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40 mL. It has a really hydrating & smooth application, plus it really primes your skin before applying foundation.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing