Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Beauty blender vs. foundation brush

set the record straight for me please: beauty blender to blend foundation or foundation brush? I currently use a buffing foundation brush because everything else makes my skin look super dry. Should I use a brush, beauty blender, damp beauty blender, or whaaatttt?????

Re: Beauty blender vs. foundation brush

@taraadactle For me, the foundation I am using is what determines the tool I will be using to apply it. For foundations that are not liquids like Dior's Airflash and Hourglass's Vanish Stick, I like to stick to a foundation brush. For liquid foundations like Estee Lauder Double Wear and Too Faced's Peach Perfect, a damp beauty blender is the way to go. One of my favorite foundation brushes to use is Sigma's F82. It is dense enough to help distribute product evenly and beautifully. I hope this helps. Good luck! 🙂

RE: Beauty blender vs. foundation brush

i recommend getting the Morphe Y6 flat brush it is very inexpensive and it blends out amazing.

When you use a beauty blender, I suggest using it damp to preform properly @taraadactle

I like to use a damp beauty blender for sheer-medium coverage, and a foundation brush to achieve full coverage 😊 there’s a great YouTube video by the Sephora Pro team that really helps! I can’t share the link so I just took a screen shot of the video so you can find it easily ☺️  D8595789-C676-4D47-B4DD-C94CD0768968.jpeg

I hope this helps 🙂

When I'm in a hurry my go to is a sponge. I find it faster to blend out.  When I have more time I will use a beauty blender.

In your case I would use a damp beauty blender and spray some facial spray like Caudalie beauty elixir or Omorovicza Queen of Hungry spray for more hydration.

It really comes down to personal preference.  Just because it works on one person doesn't mean it will work with your skin.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • D8595789-C676-4D47-B4DD-C94CD0768968.jpeg
testing