Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Anything I Should Add To My Routine?

I have dry skin and am wondering if i need anything else in my routine. This is in order. Any replys help!!! thank you! (i get very bad flakes below my brow and on my smile line!) MORNING Rose Water! Welda Sensitive Skin Iris Moisturizer SPF... if i remember oops NIGHT Glossier Milky Oil for my Makeup Remover I dont have a cleanser yet (saving up) but use Let The Good Times Roll by Lush as a physical exfoliant 2x/week Rose Water F.A.B Ultra Repair Serum CeraVe Night Moisturizer Farmacy Honey Savior on dry spots/blemishes Farmacy Dew It All Eye Cream MASKS: really have no routine, but once a week minimum, 2x if i feel like it 🙂 Dermelect Exfoliating Mask Lush Rosy Cheeks Pixi Oxygen Mask ANNNYYYY hydrating sheet masks I find. I know i shouldnt take any info in replacement for a dermatologist, but ya girl need some good answers from fellow dry skin folks. THANKS!!!

I have very dry skin...or had very dry skin. About 3 months ago I started using Algenist GENIUS Sleeping Collagen Cream, it's very expensive but believe me when I tell you it works like nothing I have ever tried. I use it every night and when I wake up in the morning my skin is so hydrated and plump, plus the extra added bonus is that it smells like vanilla cake lol . Then after I wash my face in the morning I use the Tatcha Dewy Skin and my dryness has literally disappeared. I'm not promoting either cream, I'm just stating what they've done for me. In my eyes they are both 100% worth it.

I get those flaky eyebrows and some dry spots too. Age thing. I love Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel-cream for extra dry skin (hyaluronic acid) it won't break your pocket book. I use it at night before bed. I also use it on the run after washing my face, a must have. Josie Marans 100% Pure Argan Oil, $16 is awesome for dry spots and nails. I also have a bunch (different smells)of her body butters for the rest of my body. I also Love Tatcha which is a bit pricey but so good! I use the Luminous Dewy Skin Night Concentrate, this kept my skin hydrated throughout the Night and All the next Day. NO OTHER creams have worked this well! Its expensive but well Worth it! It lasted about 3 or 4 months. I also Love that there are NO Bad Chemicals or Ingredients in Tatcha or Josie Marans products!

RE: Anything I Should Add To My Routine?

I second the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Concentrate. It's a miracle in a jar!

Re: Anything I Should Add To My Routine?

thank you!

Re: Anything I Should Add To My Routine?

@sydd12, I have been where you are with the flakes; I'd get them above, below and between my brows and smile lines too! What worked for me was introducing a chemical exfoliant into my routine - FIRST AID BEAUTY - Facial Radiance Pads

are good ones - gentle but effective. I don't know if Sephora carries the travel version that comes with 28 pads; the regular size has 60. And also incorporating a face oil. There are a lot of good oils out there - right now, my skin is enjoying 

Farmacy Honey Grail Ultra-Hydrating Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL. Other nice ones are The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL (great for dry skin and an excellent price point); Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL (there's a travel size online at Sephora).  Herbivore Emerald Hemp Seed Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL and tarte Maracuja Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  are also nice ones. Of course you don't need all of these. When I first started with face oils, the Tarte Maracuja Oil and The Ordinary. Rose Hip Seed Oil were my go to's; I still use both in my routine.

THANK YOU!! ill be sure to add face oil to my next shoppi...

THANK YOU!! ill be sure to add face oil to my next shopping cart.
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing