From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Any recommendations on moisturizers for super dry skin? Also any skincare products that will reduce the look of pores and hyperpigmentation

I just need super hydrating products and I can’t find any good ones that make me say wow this amazing. Also have pretty big pores and hyperpigmentation

Re: Any recommendations on moisturizers for super dry skin? Also any skincare products that will reduce the look of pores and hyperpigmentati

Agree with an earlier response.  The First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream is something I swear by for dry skin.

Re: Any recommendations on moisturizers for super dry skin? Also any skincare products that will reduce the look of pores and hyperpigmentati

I have super dry skin too mostly because i have eczema get the first aid beauty ultra repair cream its really good and the only one that works for me.

@Maddiee0714 The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Caudalie Vinosource SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

fresh Rose & Squalane Deep Hydration Oil-Infused Serum 100 mL 

fresh rose deep hydration face cream

@SportyGirly125 Thanks! I actually purchased the rose hip seed oil about a week ago and I like it so far. 

@Maddiee0714 For hydration, look for products that contain urea, glycerin (that's easy since it's in pretty much everything these days), hyaluronic acid (or its salt form, sodium hyaluronate), and niacinamide. That last ingredient can also help brighten skin and reduce the look of large pores. 

I have mostly-dry combo skin. My dry zones love e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence, which is loaded with hydrating ingredients. Each morning, I use Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL for big doses of vitamin C and hyaluronic acid. (Vitamin C can also help hyperpigmentation, which is another skincare concern of mine.) At night, I sometimes use The Ordinary "Buffet" 1 oz/ 30 mL which contains lots of hydrators, including peptides that help boost my skin's collagen production. 

Before I apply a cream moisturizer, I spritz my face with a layer of hydration to give the moisturizer something to seal in. The hydration layer can be a mist like Youth To The People Adaptogen Soothe + Hydrate Activated Mist with Peptides 4 oz/ 118 mL, COSRX Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner, or plain ol' water. Try doing that and see if it helps. 

As for moisturizers, you'll want an occlusive one that can truly prevent moisture loss. The most occlusive moisturizing ingredient is petrolatum—and no, it won't clog your pores, stop your skin from "breathing," or cause health issues unless you happen to be allergic to it. Have you ever tried CeraVe Moisturizing Cream as a facial moisturizer? Many people also love CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion. In the frozen windy depths of Chicago winter, I sometimes apply a layer of Aquaphor Ointment to my whole face as a moisture barrier to keep my skin from drying out. 

Shea butter is another good occlusive ingredient. Consider Paula's Choice Omega+ Complex Moisturizer. I tried a sample last winter and my skin liked it a lot. I used to recommend Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL but honestly, it's overpriced—especially compared to CeraVe moisturizers, which also contain ceramides. 

@WinglessOne Omg thank you so much! I have tried the cerave moisturizer but that was a few years ago and I can’t remember if I liked it. I’ll most definitely look into these products. Thank you again ❤️

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing