Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Accutane

Just started Accutane and my skin is supper dry, sensitive, red, and I’m starting to flake! I need help with what products I should use, nothing to expensive because I’m 19 and in college. Any advice would be wonderful, thank you!

Re: Accutane

Hey I recently started accutane as well. Definitely a battle to keep that skin nice and moist. I am having good luck with the Bite Agave lip mask and Caudalie line. I am trying to keep it as natural as possible, because I find anything with fragrance aggravating. Sephora has made that simple by changing your makeup/cleanser search to only "clean" products. 

I've been on accutane twice, a few years apart.  I swear by avene cleanance hydra soothing creme.  I've barely had any flaking or irritation using it from the beginning of my second round.  Laneige lip mask was also a life saver (and still is), I've gone through 3 full jars now.  Just avoid fragrance and irritating ingredients, the more gentle the better.  First aid beauty cleanser is a great one thats gentle but gets the job done.  Lastly, I'd recommend the ordinary serum foundation or loreal pro glow if you are looking for a foundation, both cheap and great while on accutane.  Good luck!

Hi @Karalynnea - I recommend checking out the following products -

KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Ultra Facial Cream

KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Ultra Facial Deep Moisture Balm

CLINIQUE - Smart Night Custom-Repair Moisturizer - Very Dry to Dry

BAREMINERALS - BUTTER DRENCH™ Restorative Rich Cream Moisturizer

Hope this helps!

I'm on month 3 and it's been rough. definitely get the Laneige Lip sleeping mask, it is the only thing that completely hydrates my super dry lips. I have already gone through two containers. Seriously I put it on maybe six times a day and I am good. Nothing else compares, I have tried Aquaphor and Carmex and bite. This does make your lips look quite glossy and sometimes it hydrates so well that they look wet but it's worth it. Without the Laneige I am almost confident that my lips would be cracked, dry, and cut 24/7. Another con is that it's not the same shape as regular chapstick, it's larger and not as easy to carry around everywhere if you don't want to bring a purse (but still worth it). Good luck with Accutane! Remember to dry water, take fish oil to help with pains, and wear sunscreen :).

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing