Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Accutane and Cruelty Free?

I am starting accutane next week. I use cruelty free products and hope to be able to continue to do so once I start on the medicine. My go-to's for makeup are Tarte and Too Faced. I've heard to keep the make-up light while on acctuane so I'm not as worried about the make-up aspect (and I have plenty of it) but would like to know the best cruelty free moisturizers, oils, cleansers, make-up removers, lip balm, shampoo/conditioners etc. that will help while taking it.

Right now I use Youth to the People moisturizer and love it but am worried it may not be enough to keep the dry skin at bay so I want options just in case! I've read a lot of articles that have "saving graces/survival kits" for people while on accutane and most are not cruelty free; I'm willing to hear all options for the few months I'm on it (although I'd prefer not to bend and stick to all cruelty free). I know everyone responds differently but I'm hoping there are others out there who have tried accutane (or generic brand) and have been able to use most or all cruelty free. Any advice?

Re: Accutane and Cruelty Free?

@msharpe23 you shouldn't have to bend 🙂 

Check out this awesome thread for a list of many CF brands (shoutout to @Madeline7 for this helpful resource!): https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/The-Cruelty-Free-thread-dupes-discussion-amp-ne...

I use and love FAB's Ultra Repair Cream, which is vegan and cruelty-free. I emailed a co-worked in the skincare department when my skin was going crazy and  super dry and this was her recommendation. It helped A TON to calm my skin since it contains oatmeal, known to soothe irritation. I just got a pretty bad sunburn over the weekend and I swear this stuff has been helping with the irritation and healing process. 

https://www.sephora.com/product/ultra-repair-cream-intense-hydration-P248407

It's a great time to try it because if you use code FABREPAIR with a $25 purchase, you can actually snag 10 samples of this to actually see if it helps. There's a thread about the Real Results Challenge where people were raving about it and talking to the brand if you want some other opinions: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/First-Aid-Beauty-Real-Results-Challenge/m-p/2879557

RE: Accutane and Cruelty Free?

Josie Maran! Sounds exactly in line with what you are looking for and she makes absolutely everything! It's all oil based which will be great for moisture as skin tends to get a bit rough/dry when clearing up on accurate

Re: Accutane and Cruelty Free?

Hi there! I'm on month 2 of the medication and don't really know if these products are cruelty free but so far I've really been liking the IT Cosmetics CC cream. It's moisturizing and has SPF 50, which is important since you're going to be more sensitive to the sun. 

For oils, I've been using the Drunk Elephant Marula Luxury Facial Oil mixed with jojoba oil at night. Moisturizer wise the Cetaphil Rich Hydrating Night Cream has been really good to me and I'm just starting to use the Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench moisturizer. It's going to be a trial and error to see what works for you. Everyone's dryness is of different intensity. 

For lips, I've been using the Rosebud salve. I actually carry it on me all the time and rub it even on my dry and peely elbows.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing