Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/6/23]

06.19.20_We're taking the 15% Pledge.png

[[UPDATE 1/6/23: Please join us in welcoming a another new-to-Sephora Black-Owned Brand, Ami Colé! Founder Diarrha N’Diaye sought to fill a gap in the makeup space by creating complexion products suited for melanin-rich skin. Created with this in mind, Ami Colé products celebrate deeper skin tones and are good for your skin with nourishing ingredients that are Clean at Sephora. Shout out to @NatashaTendai@Nenepink@meghan504@TamaraJMorris@JleeWins@ZooLife@YANZTHEFIRST@tjm1992, and @Kiatch, who had all mentioned the brand previously in this thread! Learn more about the brand and browse the products on our Black-Owned-Beauty Guide, and read the latest updates on the steps Sephora is taking to champion diversity and inclusion beyond the 15 Percent Pledge: https://www.inside-sephora.com/en/usa/diversity-equity-inclusion]]

We recognize how important it is to represent Black businesses and communities, and we must do better. 

You may have seen in Summer 2020 that Sephora partnered with designer Aurora James to take the 15% Pledge. The 15% Pledge is James’ nonprofit calling on retailers (like Sephora) to dedicate 15% of shelf space to Black-owned brands. Why 15%? As explained on the 15% Pledge website, “Black people in the U.S. make up nearly 15% of the population. So, we are calling on major retailers to commit a minimum of 15% of their shelf to Black-owned businesses.” We are so excited to be the first retailer to take the pledge and are looking forward to seeing others join us in the 15% Pledge. Next, we want to hear from you!*

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? Be sure to let us know your favorite product(s), what makes this brand unique, etc. 

Thank you in advance for your guidance and support. We look forward to learning from you!

*We will not be able to guarantee these brands join our Sephora brand roster, but we value your expertise as individual beauty lovers who shop outside of Sephora and our brands. Black-owned brands interested in partnering with Sephora can apply through RangeMe.

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/29]

Would love to see Mented at Sephora...my favorite products are their lipsticks and their foundation because they have a nice shade range for women of color. Also I would love to see Juvia’s place at Sephora because all of their products are amazing. I especially love their highlighters...beautiful on melanated skin.

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/29]

I would love to see some natural black owned teeth whitening options.... I love Dirt Don't Hurt 

@dirtdonthurtme 

Black Girl Sunscreen 

Came across Lys Beauty while looking at new arrivals on the Sephora website.  From the initial press releases, it seems like this will be first black-owned "clean beauty" brand at Sephora.  

https://www.sephora.com/brand/lys-beauty?icid2=product_link_brand

4C Only

Mizani Hair care 

MELANIN HAIRCARE

I would love to see beauty bakerie, mented, Juvia’s place. I would also like to see more hair care products geared towards all types of black hair. Like carols daughter. When I think of hair care, Sephora is not the place that I go to. It’s not a one stop shop for me. 

This thread has given me so many ideas for new brands to check out!  I can't believe I didn't know about AJ Crimson so I looked him up and WOW, what a talent!  His products are gorgeous, too!

I am already a huge fan of Coloured Raine, Uoma Beauty, Danessa Myricks and Mented and think they would all fit in well at Sephora (Was the Queen of Hearts palette ever available at Sephora?) I also love Ace Beaute, The Lip Bar, Zodiac Cosmetics, Propa Beauty and Beauty Bakerie - these would also make fun additions!!! 

It would also be very cool to see some smaller Black Woman-Owned indie brands on Sephora's shelves.  One of my faves is Candy X Paints nail polish - They are vegan, cruelty-free and 10-Free and their colors are really pretty!

I am also a long-time fan of Bitter Lace Beauty, an indie brand that sells absolutely beautiful highlighters (they started the rainbow highlighter trend). The brand is co-owned by an interracial female couple (not totally Black-Owned, but half).

Glad to see the Qhemet products are back.  I tried to purchase some a few months back and it disappeared from the site for a bit. While I haven’t tried the brand personally it’s one that I’ve consistently heard about over the last several years.

Beauty Bakerie 💖

I would LOVE for Colored Raine and Beauty Bakerie to be a little more accessible.  

Curls Hair Products! 

FENTY! Of course!

The Mane Choice, Grace Eleyae, Uoma, & Honey Pot!!!

@AlexandriaDon Uoma products are gorgeous💙💜💗

I would love to see AJ Crimson ❤️At Sephora please.

Beauty Bakerie 😍🍫

Though I understand what you are trying to say, some of the racial groups you listed already have products and businesses that are very popular among all races. Rather than claiming lack of equality under this post, try and understand that the point of it isn't to say they will only focus on black-owned businesses. It is trying to give an update to those who were asking for more black representation.

"All lives can't matter until black lives matter," - Justin Simmonds

Don't worry @Gailgirl1950 I'm sure we'll see plenty of other ethnic backgrounds/races represented in Sephora!  I'm no mathematician but I think 15% is still a relatively small number so there will still be some room on the shelves for your favorite Asian, Hispanic, Native American, Mixed-Race and Middle Eastern sourced brands.  ❤️ ❤️ 

526 Replies
testing