Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/6/23]

06.19.20_We're taking the 15% Pledge.png

[[UPDATE 1/6/23: Please join us in welcoming a another new-to-Sephora Black-Owned Brand, Ami Colé! Founder Diarrha N’Diaye sought to fill a gap in the makeup space by creating complexion products suited for melanin-rich skin. Created with this in mind, Ami Colé products celebrate deeper skin tones and are good for your skin with nourishing ingredients that are Clean at Sephora. Shout out to @NatashaTendai@Nenepink@meghan504@TamaraJMorris@JleeWins@ZooLife@YANZTHEFIRST@tjm1992, and @Kiatch, who had all mentioned the brand previously in this thread! Learn more about the brand and browse the products on our Black-Owned-Beauty Guide, and read the latest updates on the steps Sephora is taking to champion diversity and inclusion beyond the 15 Percent Pledge: https://www.inside-sephora.com/en/usa/diversity-equity-inclusion]]

We recognize how important it is to represent Black businesses and communities, and we must do better. 

You may have seen in Summer 2020 that Sephora partnered with designer Aurora James to take the 15% Pledge. The 15% Pledge is James’ nonprofit calling on retailers (like Sephora) to dedicate 15% of shelf space to Black-owned brands. Why 15%? As explained on the 15% Pledge website, “Black people in the U.S. make up nearly 15% of the population. So, we are calling on major retailers to commit a minimum of 15% of their shelf to Black-owned businesses.” We are so excited to be the first retailer to take the pledge and are looking forward to seeing others join us in the 15% Pledge. Next, we want to hear from you!*

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? Be sure to let us know your favorite product(s), what makes this brand unique, etc. 

Thank you in advance for your guidance and support. We look forward to learning from you!

*We will not be able to guarantee these brands join our Sephora brand roster, but we value your expertise as individual beauty lovers who shop outside of Sephora and our brands. Black-owned brands interested in partnering with Sephora can apply through RangeMe.

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/6/23]

I would love to see The Lip Bar at Sephora; the lip💄 products are amazing!

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/6/23]

Would be elated to have Kinlo (Naomi Osaka's brand) here - such nice and very good value for money sun care I can rely on year round!

Fenty Beauty and Skin by Rhianna has to be my favorite brand of all time!!!!

@Raven125 Fenty beauty has got to be one of the best! You can tell the line was created with deeper skin tones in mind; thrilled that Sephora carries Fenty Beauty!😀 

Danessa Myricks is SO good, like, we need more of her stuff!!!

Great to hear about Ami Cole. What about Naomi Osaka's Kinlo? 

Old School Fashion Fair, all day everyday

I’d love to see Epara skincare, especially their night balm in Sephora. 

Fleeky Friday! #shamelessplug

I am obsessed with Oui the People’s body care. Their scrub and serum and balm are amazing. I think they would be a great addition to Sephora. They are really clean and use great ingredients, and their brand is all about inclusivity and body positivity. I love everything about it. 

In terms of makeup I would love to see mented cosmetics. And for skincare, Ixora botanicals beauty has some amazing products and they work phenomenally. 

Lamik Beauty would be amazing in Sephora! 

Would LOVE for Juvia’s Place to be in Ulta. I want Lys to be in stores. 

image0 (5).jpeg

In this photo I am wearing the Skin Melt Loose Powder... its amazing! I would love to try out more of the Ami Cole products... specifically the Light-Catching Highlighter. 

Follow me on IG, YouTube, TikTok, and EVERYWHERE else @ULoveJanie for more product reviews. 

BRING KEYS SOULCARE TO SEPHORA!!!! 

Her products are amazing especially the illuminating serum and the fact they have affirmations on all them. 🫣🤭

@Krismorganj Keys Soulcare Let Me Glow Illuminating Serum with Niacinamide 1.01 oz/ 30 mL is already at Sephora, online and in-stores! I'm in Canada and one of my local stores had a large display of the brand's products. 

NOT IN USA. Sadly. 

I'd love to see Mented Cosmetics and Uoma Beauty in Sephora, and I'd LOVE to see Lys Beauty actually in stores.

@SephoraBIC I would like to see more by grace eleyae 

Ava Estelle skincare line.

Hyper Skin

testing