Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/6/23]

06.19.20_We're taking the 15% Pledge.png

[[UPDATE 1/6/23: Please join us in welcoming a another new-to-Sephora Black-Owned Brand, Ami Colé! Founder Diarrha N’Diaye sought to fill a gap in the makeup space by creating complexion products suited for melanin-rich skin. Created with this in mind, Ami Colé products celebrate deeper skin tones and are good for your skin with nourishing ingredients that are Clean at Sephora. Shout out to @NatashaTendai@Nenepink@meghan504@TamaraJMorris@JleeWins@ZooLife@YANZTHEFIRST@tjm1992, and @Kiatch, who had all mentioned the brand previously in this thread! Learn more about the brand and browse the products on our Black-Owned-Beauty Guide, and read the latest updates on the steps Sephora is taking to champion diversity and inclusion beyond the 15 Percent Pledge: https://www.inside-sephora.com/en/usa/diversity-equity-inclusion]]

We recognize how important it is to represent Black businesses and communities, and we must do better. 

You may have seen in Summer 2020 that Sephora partnered with designer Aurora James to take the 15% Pledge. The 15% Pledge is James’ nonprofit calling on retailers (like Sephora) to dedicate 15% of shelf space to Black-owned brands. Why 15%? As explained on the 15% Pledge website, “Black people in the U.S. make up nearly 15% of the population. So, we are calling on major retailers to commit a minimum of 15% of their shelf to Black-owned businesses.” We are so excited to be the first retailer to take the pledge and are looking forward to seeing others join us in the 15% Pledge. Next, we want to hear from you!*

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? Be sure to let us know your favorite product(s), what makes this brand unique, etc. 

Thank you in advance for your guidance and support. We look forward to learning from you!

*We will not be able to guarantee these brands join our Sephora brand roster, but we value your expertise as individual beauty lovers who shop outside of Sephora and our brands. Black-owned brands interested in partnering with Sephora can apply through RangeMe.

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/6/23]

Hyper is in store 

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/6/23]

Black girl sunscreen, the lip bar & Dr Gio Cosmetics ( black owned South Korean based brand)

@thechicgeek The lip bar is a great one + it's vegan and cruelty free.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Dr. Gio ask!

I would love to see Ixora Botanical Beauty on Sephora shelves!

I'm so excited about this! I've heard amazing things about ami cole 👏🏽

There is this small company on tiktok and i think they would love it if you were to have some of their products in store! @duafebeauties on tiktok!

I would love to see Tabitha Brown hair and Taraji P Henson body products 

I’m still confused on what’s good products from tarajis line especially her body care line. Every product has been a fail. Even her candle the wicks don’t burn evenly lol it’s been a mess what have you tried that you like?? 🙂 

👏🏼👏🏼  for Ami Colé!

Still hoping for Uoma Beauty 🤞🏼🤞🏼

And now that the whipped Shea butter from Buttah is a winter staple, hoping for Buttah, too.

Why specifically black owned? Sephora loves to brag about diversity and inclusion but this is very RACIST! Only creating division.

Are you seriously going to whine they Sephora wants to include more black-ownwd brands?! Do you think they're running out of white-owned brands or something. Worry not. Non-black representation is alive, well, and perfectly safe. Please just sit down and be quiet.

Bro all they wanna do is make Sephora more inclusive - stop trying to look for problems, it’s really embarrassing. It’s not creating division, it’s bringing more diversity and representation in areas where it normally wouldn’t be. 

How is wanting more diversity racist? Black people have suffered since the beginning of time and still are today. In makeup, most brands don’t have a good shade range for people who have darker skin so it’s harder for them to find their shade, plus, there is not that much representation around here. Most brand are white owned and don’t have that much of a shade range or variety of products for darker skinned people, so it would be great to have black owned brands. Nothing wrong with some representation at ALL!!!

You can still delete this.

Gurl...you are entitled to your opinion but keep it moving.

Educate yourself. Beauty has been whitewashed for generations. BIPOC of all shades and identities not only been lacking representation on the shelves but also the investment capital to start businesses. Times are changing. You can change too. Take a breath and think. 

Oh, Karen, your fragile little heart. The only thing racist is your belief system. Educate yourself.

How is it racist to support black owned products? Your comment makes no sense 

@Mercy0418 I disagree. I don’t find it racist at all. Black people account for 15% of this country’s population and deserve the same level of representation. Sephora is providing black owned business with that 15% representation, which, in my opinion, makes a lot of sense. You, like me, probably don’t  struggle to find complexion products matching our skin tone but others do, having very limited options. They deserve to have as many options as anyone else and I find this initiative not only appropriate but necessary and fair. 

testing