Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/6/23]

06.19.20_We're taking the 15% Pledge.png

[[UPDATE 1/6/23: Please join us in welcoming a another new-to-Sephora Black-Owned Brand, Ami Colé! Founder Diarrha N’Diaye sought to fill a gap in the makeup space by creating complexion products suited for melanin-rich skin. Created with this in mind, Ami Colé products celebrate deeper skin tones and are good for your skin with nourishing ingredients that are Clean at Sephora. Shout out to @NatashaTendai@Nenepink@meghan504@TamaraJMorris@JleeWins@ZooLife@YANZTHEFIRST@tjm1992, and @Kiatch, who had all mentioned the brand previously in this thread! Learn more about the brand and browse the products on our Black-Owned-Beauty Guide, and read the latest updates on the steps Sephora is taking to champion diversity and inclusion beyond the 15 Percent Pledge: https://www.inside-sephora.com/en/usa/diversity-equity-inclusion]]

We recognize how important it is to represent Black businesses and communities, and we must do better. 

You may have seen in Summer 2020 that Sephora partnered with designer Aurora James to take the 15% Pledge. The 15% Pledge is James’ nonprofit calling on retailers (like Sephora) to dedicate 15% of shelf space to Black-owned brands. Why 15%? As explained on the 15% Pledge website, “Black people in the U.S. make up nearly 15% of the population. So, we are calling on major retailers to commit a minimum of 15% of their shelf to Black-owned businesses.” We are so excited to be the first retailer to take the pledge and are looking forward to seeing others join us in the 15% Pledge. Next, we want to hear from you!*

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? Be sure to let us know your favorite product(s), what makes this brand unique, etc. 

Thank you in advance for your guidance and support. We look forward to learning from you!

*We will not be able to guarantee these brands join our Sephora brand roster, but we value your expertise as individual beauty lovers who shop outside of Sephora and our brands. Black-owned brands interested in partnering with Sephora can apply through RangeMe.

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/6/23]

Shoo shoo, detractor!

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/6/23]

Because there is already so many white owned businesses they are trying to include everyone. You must not know what racism is huh 

Thrilled to see Ami Cole at Sephora! 🎉 There's been a few more products and shades released since I first tried their beauties. Looking forward to picking up another shade of her lip oil!

Ami Cole 1.jpg

Ami Colé The Customizable Crew Set: Highlighter, Lip Oil, and Skin Tint Set 

@itsfithe products look great!! Such an aesthetic photo too 😍 @SephoraBIC is there a tentative date that Ami Cole will be available in Canada ?? Would love to be able to try the line!

That’s awesome!!! Welcome Ami Colé and hopefully many more black owned brands!!! 
I would love to see Juvias Place at Sephora as well

@Saradestin Yes!! I haven’t been able to try Juvias yet but have heard such great things 

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 9/20/22]

Would love to see Mented and Pear Nova, even though the latter is a nail care/polish brand.

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 9/20/22]

Mented and The Lip Bar, please!!! 

Juvia's Place! 

Yes, Juvia's place! 

I need to have Fro.ology in stores very badly

I would like to see GEAT cosmetics at Sephora.  I absolutely love their eye shadow palettes. The church bulletin with the directions on how to apply the shadow is brilliant!

@SephoraBIC Briogeo was bought out by a corporation (I think Goldman Sachs?) & is no longer Black-owned. It seems disingenuous to be claiming that a brand is Black-Owned while it is not. 

My girlies and I cannot live without Bésame Cosmetics lipsticks. Funny enough, I heard about the brand through Sephora many years ago. But they’re no longer sold here, not sure why…

Uoma Beauty and Juvia’s Place please!! ❣️

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 8/10/22]

I like Juvia’s Place 🤎

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 8/10/22]

We NEED Ami Cole, Rosen skincare , Mented Cosmetics ,Black girl Sunscreen ,Brown Girl Jane,AJ Crimson, Glosshood , Epara , Klur Co. La Botica  and LYS FOUNDATION IN STORES‼️ All of these brands perfectly fit the Sephora clientele and as a consumer who mainly purchases black owned brands, there needs to be MORE representation, MORE clean options so I’ve got y’all covered !

Definitely Black Girl Sunscreen!  I even use the kid’s version for my children. Beach ready every time.

Would love to see zeila beauty! Their product has changed my life 

Definitely Ami Cole, Mented Cosmetics and The Lip Bar.

Ami Cole (clean makeup), The Lip Bar (I've used them the most), Mented, UOMA, Beauty Bakerie, Buttah Skincare

1 Reply
testing