Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/6/23]

06.19.20_We're taking the 15% Pledge.png

[[UPDATE 1/6/23: Please join us in welcoming a another new-to-Sephora Black-Owned Brand, Ami Colé! Founder Diarrha N’Diaye sought to fill a gap in the makeup space by creating complexion products suited for melanin-rich skin. Created with this in mind, Ami Colé products celebrate deeper skin tones and are good for your skin with nourishing ingredients that are Clean at Sephora. Shout out to @NatashaTendai@Nenepink@meghan504@TamaraJMorris@JleeWins@ZooLife@YANZTHEFIRST@tjm1992, and @Kiatch, who had all mentioned the brand previously in this thread! Learn more about the brand and browse the products on our Black-Owned-Beauty Guide, and read the latest updates on the steps Sephora is taking to champion diversity and inclusion beyond the 15 Percent Pledge: https://www.inside-sephora.com/en/usa/diversity-equity-inclusion]]

We recognize how important it is to represent Black businesses and communities, and we must do better. 

You may have seen in Summer 2020 that Sephora partnered with designer Aurora James to take the 15% Pledge. The 15% Pledge is James’ nonprofit calling on retailers (like Sephora) to dedicate 15% of shelf space to Black-owned brands. Why 15%? As explained on the 15% Pledge website, “Black people in the U.S. make up nearly 15% of the population. So, we are calling on major retailers to commit a minimum of 15% of their shelf to Black-owned businesses.” We are so excited to be the first retailer to take the pledge and are looking forward to seeing others join us in the 15% Pledge. Next, we want to hear from you!*

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? Be sure to let us know your favorite product(s), what makes this brand unique, etc. 

Thank you in advance for your guidance and support. We look forward to learning from you!

*We will not be able to guarantee these brands join our Sephora brand roster, but we value your expertise as individual beauty lovers who shop outside of Sephora and our brands. Black-owned brands interested in partnering with Sephora can apply through RangeMe.

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 4/8/22]

I’d love to see The Lip Bar and Mented Cosmetics. 

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 4/8/22]

I would love to see Ami Cole. Her lipgloss has changed my life.. can’t leave home without it! 

Hello Sephora,

we love to see it, and you actually bringing these brands to your shelves.

I would like to add

Lori Harvey skn  

Ancient Cosmeticz

thank you for your time, and also allowing us for input!

Juvia's Place

Beauty bakerie Uoma beauty, Juvia’s Place

Rosemdskin 

This looks like it has great ingredients, @Nahnom! Thanks for tagging me to let me know!

We need it in Canada! 

Ami Cole would be great! So many other good ones mentioned in the comments.

The Lip Bar & Mented

Introducing the latest Brand and Founder feature on our Black-Owned Beauty Guide: CAY SKIN from supermodel and activist Winnie Harlow! Please help us welcome the new brand to Sephora, just in time for sunny weather ahead.

CAY SKIN, debuting with a daily suncare line of three hard-working products, is silicone-free, vegan, cruelty-free, and Clean at Sephora. With a focus on high-performance without sacrificing “sexy” (you want to look and feeling good in your SPF!), the brand prioritizes products that are effective but still gentle enough for daily use. CAY SKIN also stands for inclusivity and acceptance, creating suncare that work for all kinds of skin tones and textures and body types – everyone under the sun.

Learn more about the brand in our latest brand spotlight on our Black-Owned-Beauty Guide, and stay tuned for more updates on our newest brands at Sephora: https://www.sephora.com/beauty/black-owned-beauty-brands

I love the BB lip liner which I use and just fill in my whole lip. I think the name of the company is BK Beauty. 

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 3/1/22]

I would love to see Bolden, Mented, Buttah, Jacqs, and Mele available for purchase in Saphora.

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 3/1/22]

I would like to see:

ButtermeupGoods

MochaMama Naturals

Bolden Skincare 

Black Girl Sunscreen, it has changed my life. No more chalky sunscreen and they have a matte version that doesn't break my face out. 

Hello, I’m glad that you mentioned sunscreen for brown skin. I struggled with the chapping and texture of the average sunscreen. How does it make your skin feel, how often is application needed and how does it smell?

It is unscented and moisturizing. Although some people do, I can't use it on my face, because it makes me feel/look greasy. As far as the body, it's great. I highly recommend it. It is pricey, considering the amount you get, vs the price. It is actually more expensive than Supergoop or Coola. It say's "a little goes a long way", which is something I've never heard as a selling point for sunscreen, but I digress. 

The Lip Bar 

Ami Cole

Introducing the latest Brand and Founder feature on our Black-Owned Beauty Guide: Hyper Skin! Shout out to Community members @Nahnom, @ZeZeFLY@Happyperfection@Julian250, @Kayor@danielledanielle, @Ashletta216, @PrettyPaint, and @itsfi, who previously mentioned Hyper Skin in this thread!

Founder Desiree Verdejo, who considers her own toughest customer, seeks to create a skincare brand rooted in realness. That means a focus on real skin and real texture (specifically bringing the unique needs of black and brown skin into the beauty conversation!), realistic standards, and real results from hardworking formulas. The hype is real, and we’re proud to have Hyper Skin at Sephora!

Learn more about the brand in our latest brand spotlight on our Black-Owned-Beauty Guide, and stay tuned for more updates on our newest brands at Sephora: https://www.sephora.com/beauty/black-owned-beauty-brands

YEESSS and the mask is available!!!

1 Reply
testing